Sign in to follow this  
camrad1983

What real world 737 pilots think about PMDG

Some of these (assuming that they actually faults) will be down to the FSX engine, like the ground roll issue.

Ian R Tyldesley

What makes "the game" so much better now than it was when it was released is the various contributions of fellow simmers and countless others who take the time to document anomalies that might or might not be addressed. It will never be perfect but there will always be improvement thanks to people like the OP. 

Ok, blah blah blah, FSX is a game, pmdg is a toy. Lets go back to flying 737 with a 2d Cessna panel on Fs98. Small things (adjustments) make bigger things. For those who think MSFS could be just a game - you are terribly wrong, in our flight school there are two FAA approved flight simulator stations. One with X-plane, and other is FSX. And stop trying to offset the topic to some different issues. If you are fine with what you have - pass on. I never said that somebody should rely on PMDG as a trainer for real world. If I desire to use FSX/P3D with maximum realism whats wrong with that? 

I just love how some people turn everything upside down. I started the thread with pure facts, based on testing of a real world pilot and was just wondering if there are any custom dynamics that fix it. End of the line.

Right away I get from numerous "reminders" that MSFX is a game, that PMDG did a fantastic toy, to advises to invest in RW flying...

Hey Comrad1983 You seem to be an expert so why don't you make us a 737 for FSX?????????????????????????????????

Jason Richards

Hey Comrad1983 You seem to be an expert so why don't you make us a 737 for FSX?????????????????????????????????

Your keyboard button got stuck, don't spill anymore liquids to it.

As to 737, apparently either you have a hard time understanding what you have read, or you are just a troll.

Second one is the most likely.

I'm done here. 

Moderators, please close the topic.

Comrad1983

You can dish out criticism but cant take it! And Yeah im a troll I have been a member here for 3 years and only have 70 post to my name.

I still have to Ask

If you make us a 737 NGX for FSX  Can we expect Your 737 NGX to Fly by the Numbers?????? Will Your NGX Raise the BAR for FSX addons  Your such the expert I cant wait for your 737.  I expect it to be within 99.9% accuracy off the real one ,will it have a working weather radar? I expect all this for $69.95

You Desire Max Reality But would you Pay MAX Price for it???? I think not you would be the First one to complain about the Price. I could understand if it was about some other developers but come one we cant get any better than the Guys at PMDG

Jason Richards

Tabs? Perhaps this thread should be locked?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

in our flight school there are two FAA approved flight simulator stations. One with X-plane, and other is FSX.

FAA approved for what? To what level are they "approved" to simulate? Could you get instrument current or an IPC check in them? Can you log it? I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just curious.  FAA "approved" means a lot of different things, and if you're talking about a flight simulator meant for real world flight instruction and loggable time, I doubt they run primarily on either X-Plane or FSX.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Tabs? Perhaps this thread should be locked?

Only when our popcorn runs out or when jerry comes in :Thinking:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

FAA approved for what? To what level are they "approved" to simulate? Could you get instrument current or an IPC check in them? Can you log it? I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just curious.  FAA "approved" means a lot of different things, and if you're talking about a flight simulator meant for real world flight instruction and loggable time, I doubt they run primarily on either X-Plane or FSX.

Probably, SWA pilots receive virtually all of their training from FSX.    This would explain a lot....

airplane.gif

Probably, SWA pilots receive virtually all of their training from FSX.    This would explain a lot....

airplane.gif

A payware upgrade from the default scenery should take care of that.

Sorry, had to

Settle down kids.

Constructive criticism should be as welcome as praise.

If the criticism is inaccurate, I'm sure someone in the know will let us know :-)

Reality check here:

FSX is a GAME, for "entertainment purposes only."     The PMDG 737 is a toy that works with your FSX game, but is also designed solely for entertainment.     It's fun to pretend with these toys for grownups, but one must make a clear distinction here between fantasy and reality, along with the expectations from both. 

Dude get real, if I thought the PMDG 737 was a "toy" I wouldn't have bought it.

I spend my *hard earned* cash on PMDG products because I believe the are currently the most realistic product on the market.

Now if another company comes along and produces an even more realistic aircraft in a similar price range, which one are you going to buy?

But whats you're time from 280 to 250 mine is not twice as long. What is your descent rate? 

Earlier I posted that my numbers are very close to the FCTM.

And camrad please post with your full name its a rule in this forum.

Kimo