Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

The Best Freeware Aircraft for FS9

+1 for Milton Shupe's Dash 7.  In fact anything by Milton's group.

Project Fokker F70/100 remains a firm favourite, especially with Rob Barendregt's freeware ground-handling panel.

Dreamwings Fokker F50 with Espen Oijordsbakken's panel - it's quirky but I flew it round the world I liked it so much.

Supporter.png

John

Maybe we will see more of these high-res models, maybe it's too much work for FS9... shows what can be achieved, though.

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Original Aircraft Bull Stearman ZipDive.png  Download.png

Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:

Images related to this file:

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

File Description:
Boeing Stearman biplane. Complex aircraft model for FS2004. This aircraft was used as a test bed to develop new techniques of modeling and compiling for FS2004 with FSDS 3.5, it's meant to be a demonstration of how very complex models look and perform in FS9.

Filename: bull_stearman.zip License: Freeware Added: 26th February 2011, 22:34:48 Downloads: 3744 Author: Douglas Kallen, Touch the Sky Simulations Size: 41948kb
  • Upvote 1

Basically anything from Rick Piper/ Fraser Mckay over at cbfsim.org (Fokker F27s/L-188/Viscount/Britannia/CL-44/Hs.748/Dove/Heron)

Also Tom Gibson & Co's aircraft over at calclassic.com as well.

In the Library you can find a nice Piaggio PD.808 (vintage military/business jet), and the author of the Simcheck a300 has an a300f4-200 (complete panel/DHL aircraft) there as well.

--Xavier

Edited by Pict

Hi All,

My favourite is the AEROWORX B200 if it is still available.

Mike

Hello!

There's another one that hasn't been listed here, and it's a classic... Kirk Olsson's F-16 Viper. Tons of repaints out there in the ether, two very good Panels by Eric Marciano and Glenn Copeland, and even a Block 60 2 seater with Conformal Fuel Tanks!

fsscr004_zpse76a9465.jpg

:lol:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Hi Donor

Re aeroworx b200,

I "grew up" with it during development so it was free then. Having left SA I was not aware that it is now payware.

I have all the upgrade versions to 2.1 but I heard that the forum and original builder for it is no longer in operation.

Mike

Hey guys i was wondering could someone to a Freeware repaint of Qantas 737-800 VH-VXC and VH-VYH and VH-VYB for FS9

As mentioned - any of HJG aircraft - 2D panels only, but superb quality & documentation.  Also if you like the 737 - 800W try www.airscheffel.com - again 2D panel but lots of features & very good quality.

Has anyone mentioned Ivan Jurcaga's Mig 21? It is one of the best military freeware aircraft not only in fs 9, but also IMO in fsx so far.

Gorky Max

You have a link? 

The usual places do not seem to have this.

I have seen Ivan Jurcaga's Mig-21 for FSX, but I haven't seen a FS9 version.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/323469-freeware-mig-21

And contrary of what tell someone  .. it will not work in FS2004  :)

But you can use this one from same author:

FSX/FS2004 MiG-21 F-13 Package
29.59Mb (29172 downloads)
Model of MiG-21 F-13 airplane for FS2004/FSX, created by Gmax. Licence production of this type in Czechoslovakia started in 1963 at Aero Vodochody. During nine years there was created 195 planes at all. For its simplicity and low cost operating this plane was almost 30 years important unit of Czechoslovakian anti-aircraft home defence. Archive include 2 versions of model, full clickable VC with custom gauges, sounds by Jan Moravec and paper model by Antonin "tonde" Janecka. Author: Ivan Jurcaga

Simviation:

http://simviation.com//simviation/download.php?ID=5476