Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

The Best Freeware Aircraft for FS9

Milton Shupe and friends have just released a Grumman Mallard. Available for FS9 and FSX. Milton's contributions are always excellent and this one is no exception. Great VC, very nice sound, looks good, flys nicely... I highly recommend it

I even have a separate FS2004 install for Garry & Ed's http://ford-tri-motor.net/

A whole new world out there.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

There are some absolutely excellent Hawker Hurricanes available over at Sim Out House. Look for these packages:

Former payware now freeware from Aeroplane Heaven. As far as I'm concerned, this is still definitely payware quality even today)

AH_Hurri_FS2004.zip

This includes a scenery package for RAF Hawkinge during the Battle of Britain and an AI package to bring it to life...

From Robert Sanderson

Three amazing offerings - all of them payware quality with complex systems modelling

Hurriane IId Tin Opener.zip

(This comes with a "forward operating base" in the Libyan desert around 1943 plus a mission to destroy some Afrika Korps tanks about 12 miles away... VERY challenging and fun.)

Hawker Sea Hurricanes.zip

Hawker Hurricane IIC for FS2004.zip

The AH and the Sanderson aircraft are of equally high quality but with very different cockpits and handling. It's worth trying both options and then deciding on which particular ones you prefer. So far I've thought they were all so good I'm still flying all of them! :P

World War II warplanes may not be to everyone's taste but if  you want to try something very, very different to the usual stuff, give these a try. They are all outstanding!
Cheers

Ian

The Shupe Company again...

The Turbo Mallard is released.

Nigel Richards has done some truly fine work on the VC - such a pleasure to find some high-poly knobs in FS9. And the textures!

9VcejN.jpg

I want to add a mixup made of the following:

- Boeing 767-400ER by SkySpirit 2010 (with the repaint you like the most)
- CF6-80 sound by Emil Serafino (http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=65909)
- Boeing 767-400ER panel by Angel Simulations (http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=195030)

Here is a preview of the panel, taken from the Library:

sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&I

With this you get a fully featured 767-400ER, except for the VC. You even get a working FMS and VNAV. Just remember to set the IRS switches to NAV and wait 5-10 minutes. Not many freeware add-ons offer this...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

From Manuele Villa, Stefano Meneghini, FSAviator come some superb Italian warbirds at an unmatched degree of realism:

Savoia Marchetti S.73 Airliner/Transport

Savoia Marchetti S.81 Transport/Bomber

Savoia Marchetti SM.79(bis) Sparviero Torpedobomber/Bomber/Transport

Fiat G.18V Airliner

Fiat CR.42 Biplane Fighter

Fiat G.12 Airliner/Transport

Breda Ba.65/A.80 Fighter Bomber

Ansaldo SVA-5 Biplane

Avia L.3 Trainer

Cant Z.1007bis Alcione (monoderiva & bideriva - single & twin tail versions) Bomber

Cant Z.506B & S Hydroplane (the first MSFS piston plane ever with adjustable pitch propellers as in the original!!!)

Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T Racing and LR propliners

All these planes come with various representative variants and models, different engines, realistic flight dynamics and dozens of pages of historical and custom handling notes for a rich and realistic simulation experience. Also contain fully functional vintage and classic era navigation equipment and metric Italian avionics and engine gauges. Very commendable for people who really like to "fly" planes instead of managing computers and APs. Learning to fly the Italian way is to fly anyway! ;-)

Best regards,

Christian Kelter, Germany

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, paulopp said:

From Manuele Villa, Stefano Meneghini, FSAviator come some superb Italian warbirds at an unmatched degree of realism:

Savoia Marchetti S.73 Airliner/Transport

Savoia Marchetti S.81 Transport/Bomber

Savoia Marchetti SM.79(bis) Sparviero Torpedobomber/Bomber/Transport

Fiat G.18V Airliner

Fiat CR.42 Biplane Fighter

Fiat G.12 Airliner/Transport

Breda Ba.65/A.80 Fighter Bomber

Ansaldo SVA-5 Biplane

Avia L.3 Trainer

Cant Z.1007bis Alcione (monoderiva & bideriva - single & twin tail versions) Bomber

Cant Z.506B & S Hydroplane (the first MSFS piston plane ever with adjustable pitch propellers as in the original!!!)

Savoia Marchetti S.79CS & T Racing and LR propliners

All these planes come with various representative variants and models, different engines, realistic flight dynamics and dozens of pages of historical and custom handling notes for a rich and realistic simulation experience. Also contain fully functional vintage and classic era navigation equipment and metric Italian avionics and engine gauges. Very commendable for people who really like to "fly" planes instead of managing computers and APs. Learning to fly the Italian way is to fly anyway! ;-)

Best regards,

Christian Kelter, Germany

I agree Christian. These are really outstanding add-ons that haven't been given as much attention as they deserved. They can be tricky to fly - especially the CR.42. But then who wants to fly something that's easy? That's what the default C172 is for! LOL

• Upvote 1

I know it's an old topic..but would you guys mind point me the way to the Opensky and TDS planes. I'm having a hard time finding them..many thx in advance!

Milton Shupe and a cadre of collaborators have just finished a beautiful Douglas A-20 Havoc in several versions and with options for some of the best repaints you can find anywhere. This aircraft features animated crew members and optional armament loadouts. Available at SOH and probably right here.

The Historic Jetliners Group has a very nicely modelled Dassault Mercure 100 available for download.  Available on the HJG website.  The release notes can be found at the end of this link.

Greg

The HJG has released it's DC-10 V2, which appears to be the deepest simulation of the airplane for MSFS I've ever seen.  More information here: http://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9146/website-update-august-17th-2018?page=1&scrollTo=62725

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John G.