Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

SCREEN SHOT CAPTURE PROGRAM??

Guest 737flyboy

I am looking for a good screen shot program. Freeware would be best, but I do not mind shelling out some cash-ola for a good program. I was using Hyper Snap - It began locking up on me and freezing my flight sim. I was retrying Hyper Snap after the same problem a while back. So any other programs besides Hyper Snap. Thanks!!!

Guest cliffp

"FSScreen.zip" in the Avsim library. I have been using it for many years and it performs exceptionally well.Cliffp

Guest 737flyboy

Thanks!!! Will give it a shot!!!

I do a lot of desk top publishing, so I am always on the lookout for a good screenshot program.The one I currently use is called "Hardcopy" which was originally designed to make printouts of the screen, but does an excellent job of saving images to disk in a variety of file types including Photoshop's native PSD format.It is freeware but the author suggests a "tip" of $15 which is definitely worth it.Go to: http://www.gen.hardcopy.deGreetingsDave Britzius(Cape Town)

Just to add ... I have used Snaggit! for years for both work and flying ... it is well done, stable and flexible, and very easy to use. Cheap too!!!Cheers!!Paul BenoitRainy and Miserable KSAN (believe it or not)

Guest 737flyboy

Just downloaded Snagit, LOVE IT.. THanks!!!

Just another one to toss into the pot, GrabClipSave. It's a freebie found here: http://www.boumchalak.net/content/view/19/40/I love it and have no complaints.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I used the Win95/98 version of LViewPro (shareware) for years, for both viewing and capturing images. However, not too long ago I came across an *excellent* freeware viewer, which also has a more flexible capturer than the old LViewPro did. Also, its resampling of JPEGs to different sizes seems to be cleaner than what I've seen before.http://www.irfanview.com/It has a plugin architecture that I haven't explored too much, but I'm quite happy with the basic program. Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Just to throw another one in, Screenshooter.I have been using this program for ages and I like it because it saves the screenshots to disk rather than leave them in RAM like a lot of them do.Available from the library.Miscellaneous files->General Utilities screenshooter_2.zip by Dennis Schagen

Guest bobsk8

>Just to add ... I have used Snaggit! for years for both work>and flying ... it is well done, stable and flexible, and very>easy to use. Cheap too!!!>>Cheers!!>>Paul Benoit>Rainy and Miserable KSAN (believe it or not)If $39.95 is cheap, what's expensive? Bob

FSScreen is definitely my prefered program. It does what it's supposed to - it saves screenshots on the disk. No fancy features that hog RAM, no need to configure, you just drop a copy of the .exe into the folder you where you want your shots.I then use JPeg Imager (http://www.v-methods.com/ji/) for resizing, cropping and saving. It's another clean and user-friendly program that just plain works and also provides lots of tweaking options for optimizing Jpeg quality. Also includes batch-processing and a "Match File Size" feature for JPeg images in case you want to capture multiple shots, and it can even create thumbnails and an index html page.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest flight

snapshooter211_ful.zip at the Avsim library