Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

19JAN14 - 777-300ER and 777-200LR/F SP1 Update

I have a couple of questions for everyone here, You do realize that this is a hobby/game right?  And just because you have problems with your sim or aircraft doesn't mean that anyone else is or that everyone else is.  And for my last question, How many of you have been watching these forums and been purchasing there products?  If you have been following them for a while you will know that the way they are doing things hasn't really changed in there existence.  And for the argument on here about "if I gave my client that answer they would go somewhere else".  The only thing that I have to say to that, is that you are in construction, that is a different industry than software development and that is exactly what this is.  Every single industry and company within those industries are different.  The same can be said about the computer that you use to play your GAME on.

So before you start complaining about how they aren't doing this or that, stop and think about what you are saying.  This is a hobby industry, so relax and go find something else to do if you don't like it.

"So before you start complaining about how they aren't doing this or that, stop and think about what you are saying.  This is a hobby industry, so relax and go find something else to do if you don't like it."

An interesting comment. Yes it's a hobby but PMDG are not providing their products free of charge (am not suggesting they should) therefore their customers have the same rights as any other customer has. The fact it's a hobby doesn't change that. All payware add on providers are working in the commercial world and are therefore judged as such. I would whole heartedly agree with your comment if it was directed exclusively at freeware providers

Well it is a general statement meant to state that this is a hobby is all and that there is no need in getting upset because they aren't releasing at the time that you feel they are.  Now yes we all did purchase the product and we expect a certain level of support or quality from the product.  Having said that, this is still a hobby.  This is a 7+ year old game that they are developing for, there will be issues that you may have that I do not and sometimes that is FSX talking and not the product.  But since this is about them releasing the SP, they are in no way differing from there standard practice of release.  And as they are developing and releasing another aircraft and an SDK alongside the SP, the development time will be longer.  

But no matter what, you are the consumer.  If you don't like what they are doing then don't buy more of there products and suck up the loss of the original purchase and go find another hobby to play with.  There is no point in arguing or complaining about how they aren't living up to your expectations, as they have to develop and release on there's.  Especially since they know what is going on and you don't and they are in no way obligated to provide you with information on there progress just because you bought something from them.  

I am not complaining all am saying is that all payware providers for FSX are acting in the commercial world and it's to be expected that people will complain. To suggest that people who complain should find a new hobby is an interesting but ultimately a flawed idea. What I fail to understand is why some people get so upset if there is even a hint of criticism of PMDG. To be fair to PMDG they freely allow it on their forum. Criticism if taken in the right way can be helpful.  

I do agree with your criticism point.  But I stand by my statement about if you don't like it, go find another hobby.  In the end yes you did buy a product and there is a certain level of support and bug fixes that are expected to come.  But having said that, PMDG is good about releasing fixes for them but what they are doing here is developing 3 different products at the same time and releasing them as well at the same time.  So to say that they have taken 6 months and that its too long is like saying, I have had one kid and it took 9 months for that one, so now that I am having a second it shouldn't take as long.  People need to chill out, they have said it is coming, so it will be released but not before they deem that it is ready to be released.

Thank you for your kind advise. So what is your advice to us with the PMDG bugs on the B777X for FS X?

Buy X Plane and wait for a B777 package to be released for it? Did you see the post of the guy with something like 22 out of 25 software crashes on FS X when flying the PMDG B777X? His hardware configuration? FS X fault?

For Microsoft products the patches are more regular than PMDG patches for the bugs on their products. Also when I wrote into them on some software problem, either MS or the computer manufacturer would give me a patch to download to solve my particular problem. I guess that would be included in the final overall patch but at least they will help make the software usable and to go around the bugs for the meantime. PMDG`s approach? It will be released when it is ready......

Bottom line we just want to fly the plane with as few interruptions as possible. I'm just tired of these small updates that promise were close, almost ready, approximately two weeks , and she's almost done to name a few . At least try to keep close to what you say . Otherwise,why say anything at all?

Tony

If you develop a payware plane for FSX you are fully aware that FSX is over seven years old and I would think that you should remember that fact when you are developing your products. I have not asked nor do I know for a fact that PMDG are developing three products concurrently. Taking Malcolm's child analogy a little further I would suggest that if your first child is having teething problems it may be wiser to wait until he/she is over that rather than rush into having a second child.

As far as am concerned I'm not bothered about exactly when SP1 will be issued but that doesn't mean that I think other people are wrong to complain about it.

Thank you for your kind advise. So what is your advice to us with the PMDG bugs on the B777X for FS X?

Wait for the sp1 to come out for it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did you see the post of the guy with something like 22 out of 25 software crashes on FS X when flying the PMDG B777X? His hardware configuration? FS X fault?

Yep. Many thousands have purchased the addon and have absolutely no problems. I've got several hundred hours in the plane. On vatsim, offline, short haul, long haul, overnight, cruise acceleration, paused at tod for hours, good weather, bad weather, all over the world to all kinds of addons with absolutely no problems. No ctd or bluescreens besides a few ooms here and there when I try to run too much. I've not even seen this pfd nd plan mode bug. FSX is notoriously finicky. Install it wrong or corrupt something and there will be problems. Not to mention hardware issues that pmdg has no control over and has no obligation to fix for you. No I don't work for pmdg nor am I a ridiculous ######. The addon is nearly perfect and any system ending problems are the user error. Thousands of others can attest to this.

I have to say PMDG, the 777 is amazing. I love every single day flying this plane. I am looking forward to the B77W and all what's coming! There may be a couple of bugs, but that won't stop me flying this beautiful aircraft! The plane is running perfectly on my computer!

Good for PMDG for not coming into this forum and replying to everyone all the time.

They should delay -300ER another six months just for fun of it and see people going crazy  :lol:

Yep. Many thousands have purchased the addon and have absolutely no problems. I've got several hundred hours in the plane. On vatsim, offline, short haul, long haul, overnight, cruise acceleration, paused at tod for hours, good weather, bad weather, all over the world to all kinds of addons with absolutely no problems.

Not true, we ALL have a problem.

It begins with T and there are three more letters... but I'm not allowed to say what they are any more, or I'll get told off again.

:rofl:

And as they are developing and releasing another aircraft and an SDK alongside the SP, the development time will be longer.

Some would say [not me] that perhaps they should have concentrated all their efforts, all their resources on just the patch. Maybe we would have it by now in that case.

Maybe lumping everything into one realise, ER, including the service pack, is more about PMDG convenience than customer convenience?

Just playing devils advocate. The opinion of some I believe, not necessarily me.

I believe that PMDG will be releasing an SP1 with many facilities that will be shared with other aircraft types.

So it's not so difficult to see why many things have to be completed concurrently so that all of the aircraft will work in the same way.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Unfortunately, where ever you go, people will always complain. That's just how things go.