Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

flight planning

Guest vertical

Hi.Can anyone assist me in finding a place to generate flight routes between airports for high and low alitude airways.Thanks.

Guest tgabriel

Hmmm...16 peeps and no help.Well, among other things you could try FSNav. It is shareware and very well worth the money. You get 20 free uses to decide whether or not you will go ahead and buy it. I paid for mine after about two minutes of my first live use. I use FSNav on every flight I fly and find it to be absolutely indispensible.As to flight planning for your needs, FSNav has low and high altitude routes, all the nav aids and ils equipment in the world and airports you'd never have time to fly to. You can export your plans from FSNav to MSFS.I have done a number of flight plans using victor airways but none with high altitude since I don't fly up there but the method is the same, just higher.

Guest Speed

Probably no replies as the question was very unspecific.I guess the previous reply was if your question was in relation to simming.If, however, you have posted in the correct forum then you must mean real life GA flight planning.In which case I recommend Aeroplanner.com I have a subscription there and use it to plan my flights. It's too cumbersome to use for simming but can ease the process of real flight planning if you capitlize on its stengths and supplement its weaknesses with regular paper plans.Speed.

Guest cw1011

Couple of thoughts - both cost money or time though:1. Go visit your local flying club, pilot's supply store or FBO and see if they have any outdated low and high altitude en-routes. Most will let you have them for free because they are worthless once out of date. 2. Purchase FS Navigator, which uses airways and approaches/departures. The SIDS and STARS are not complete - but a good match none the less. About $30 - worth every penny. I use it almost every time I fire up the computer. 3. The default flight planner uses airways as well, and will plan using these. Hope this helps. Colin

Hi, FSnav does not have a Nav aid search facility. When you fly online with the networks eg IVAO .The real routes required for some events are difficult to put together.ATC can change your route in mid flight too. The FS9 flight planner is outdated and also has no search .I can remember FS98 had a nav search .!! I wonder is there a way to update and develop a search for it. What is FSX flight planner like,any improvement?? Regards, Atkin.