Sign in to follow this  
Melturn

FSX Freezing with 737ngx

Hi,

I am experiencing freezing issues when using the 737 ngx in fsx.Checking the event viewer gives me 'application hang,event id 1002.

Has anyone else experienced this or been able to cure it.Any help much appreciated,it is driving me nuts as it is totally unpredictable as to when it happens.Could be 5 mins or half an hour into a flight or any other time.

thanks

Yes, I get freezes on the 737 and 777.

It may occur once or multiple times during flight or not at all, and a freeze might last for a few seconds or several minutes, and occasionally it does not recover at all.

No idea what's causing it.

Have the same problem. Re-installed FSX and PMDG 737NGX but the problem is still there. Also regenerated FSX.cfg to new i.e. no tweaks but the freeze still happens randomly. I am in a graveyard spiral. SOS, Mayday and all that

Roger Buisson

I had that and the uiautomationcore.dll fix seems to have solved it.

I've been using the uiautomationcore.dll supplied by PMDG from day one.

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/file_library/UIAutomationCore.zip

It doesn't help with the freezes I'm afraid.

AFAIK this dll just stops FSX from becoming unstable and crashing on Win7 and Win8.

Troy - just curious here. Rename or otherwise remove the "PMDG_Interface.dll" file in the FSX\PMDG\dlls folder and then fly with the NGX. This is going to stop the 777 from working, but I want to see if somehow the 777's dll has something to do with this - any "module" dll like this will run all the time even if the aircraft's not there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Troy - just curious here. Rename or otherwise remove the "PMDG_Interface.dll" file in the FSX\PMDG\dlls folder and then fly with the NGX. This is going to stop the 777 from working, but I want to see if somehow the 777's dll has something to do with this - any "module" dll like this will run all the time even if the aircraft's not there.

Will do as instructed and report back. The freezes don't necessarily happen on every flight so it may take a few days to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers.

Ok, three flights with two of decent length and no freezes so far.

Bris to Auck

Tokyo to Osaka

Bris to Perth.

See how we go this weekend.

I got a similar, though not exact same problem. 

In the 737, i have repeated freezes for about 2-20 seconds, they never stop but FSX does not crash on them.

Tried the MD11 today, here the freezes are only split seconds so only barely noticable. J41 got no freezes at all, the same with other addon aircraft.

Did reinstall the NGX with SP1c, same problem still.

I was looking at my "dll.xml" file and noticed that I've accumulated a lot of entries (several Captain Sim, several SDK toolbox, etc.).  Does anyone know if these entries impact the VAS?

This is a follow-up on my earlier post in this thread. I had those freezes mainly when entering data in the FMS. But also during normal flight. Finally, I installed the latest version of FSUIPC (4.928) and now after 5 flights of various lengths the problem seems to have disappeared! But this may or may not be a cure for every problems mentionned in this thread!

Keep the blue side up!

Roger Buisson

It's hard to say for sure Roger. Sometimes I can go for a couple of weeks without a freeze.

Might be a co-incidence, but my occasional 737 freezes appear to only happen when I'm fiddling with the CDU (while cruising).

Also, the 737 freezes don't seem to recover (unlike the 777 freezes).

Anyone else?

The moment of my latest freeze :(

post-308510-0-74583400-1392120494.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi!

I have no idea if this applies to you but on my side the 737NGX freeze happends only when flying online. Set UPNP to inactive on my router solved my problem. I guess it was an SB4 issue and not PMDG.

Anders