Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Eaglesoftdg just announced the Citation XLS+ is their newest project

Now lets return to our scheduled program, details on the new XLS, CII, CJ1+, and XLS+, specifically which new ESDG jet will the test pilots be flying first?

I realize this may be a moivng target at this time.

Ted

Ted, Team discussions today point to the most probable on that list will be XLS+. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Gentlemen just to throw a lid on this thread, I am the creator and author of the Citation X 2.0 manual. I had the distinct honor and pleasure, and if fortune continues to look my way, many more opportunities to work side by side with Ed Wilson on the CitationX. I could sit here for hours listing the amount of time and fixes we had to complete before it was just so. With that being said, Ed fight the good fight. You re a fantastic programmer and don't the naysayers get you down.

Secondly I own the type rating course from Flight Safety on the Citation X split bus models, which this aircraft was built on. If I can utilize the manuals, the POH and the checklists from FlightSafety with this aircraft, then I can say hands down it is the BEST biz jet available on the market, by a long shot. The depth, immersion and simulation of this aircraft is amazing, and 3.0 will definitely raise ESDG amongst the greats. Before you call me a ######, please realize that I do not get compensated any way shape or form by ESDG. It was just a hobby and the desire to make it perfect.

For those of you that have purchased the manual thanks....I have not received any proceeds for that book in two years, but the satisfaction that you are gaining knowledge and learning about this great bird is more than enough for me. Please continue to use it accordingly.

Lastly- stay tuned as I intend to work more closely with Eaglesoft. I will let Ron do the promotions but I hope you enjoy the coming future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lastly- stay tuned as I intend to work more closely with Eaglesoft.

I will let Ron do the promotions but I hope you enjoy the coming future.

Welcome back Josh. I've got a bunch of chores for you as we move forward starting with XLS+. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

On a unrelated note, i just noticed on your (eaglesoft) support forum news section that you have teamed up with LES to produce addons! that is wonderful news, and i hope something great comes out of it! :smile: Saw those Citation previews on LES support forum, very promising work and im greatly awaiting that product. Like you said this collaboration hold much promise for both platforms and I simply can't wait to see what comes out of it. 

Kim, we are excited too and as you may know quality work takes time but we are confident that this will be a win for flight simulation enthusiast everywhere. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Gentlemen just to throw a lid on this thread, I am the creator and author of the Citation X 2.0 manual.

I bought your book from Simmarket earlier this week Captain Walden. I haven't had time to take the cross country flight but hope to this weekend. Just curious why this is not being sold alongside the Citation X at Flight1, especially if you are not getting any royalties off it at Simmarket? I would not have known about it if Mad Dog hadn't recommended it earlier in this thread.

I don't see any naysayers in this thread, just praise for Ed's work. On the VC textures, that's just us Avsimimers whining and asking for more.

Didn't know anything about the XLS so I did a little research. Interesting Plane. Sounds like Cessna took the body from the X, replaced the T-tail and swept wings with straight wings and tail with the lowered elevators, and installed a Collins Pro Line 21 avionics and Fadec. Anyone know what the pros and cons of the T-tail vs the conventional tail. Just curious.

Another thing I've been wondering. I've read the anouncement about the partnership with LES, but who is on the Eaglesoft team these days? I noticed  Ed and Bill still responding to Eaglesoft questions, thankfully, but it appears Ed is currently with Mindstar and Bill is with Milviz. Ron, now that Eaglesoft is having a ressurection perhaps a "meet the team" announcement party is in order. Again, just curious.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I never said Ed's programming was bad... In fact I agree the gauges/systems are quite comprehensive. I just had the freeze issues.

Fwiw I reinstalled the whole thing and flew a complex flight around complex addon scenery without any issues. I am looking forward to the graphics update too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Speaking only for myself, I do work for both EaglesoftDG and Milviz. To be brutally frank, there's simply not enough income from either one alone... :Worried:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Speaking only for myself, I do work for both EaglesoftDG and Milviz. To be brutally frank, there's simply not enough income from either one alone... :Worried:

I speculated that you were all independent hired guns. Ron had mentioned that he has lost some staff but I didn't know who he was referring to. Glad to hear you are still on the Eaglesoft team Bill. And as a side comment to this thread, I would like to thank you for the explanations, straight talk and sanity you are bringing to the P3D threads.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Gentlemen,

The crash issues are because the aircraft is not being prepped or configured correctly. The FMS is the core of the aircraft as far as in flight movement and navigation, and as such is probably the hardest thing to code besides the PFD/ND s and the engine dynamics. With that being said, if it is NOT configured exactly how the manual I wrote, which was how Ed made it to be programmed, which was from the real world Citation as well as the POH, then you are going to have issues. It will crash every single time.

Another common problem is inserting a step climb on a flight that does not require it, if the flight is under a certain mileage, I believe its less than 1000, then no step climb is required because your gross weight and aircraft performance will be sufficient enough to get you to the optimal altitude fast enough to eliminate the need for a step climb. That is a common issue to begin with.

Other nuances though, could be with other add on s that you have installed, and with the sheer size, scope, and complexity of the add ons these days, the X cannot be expected to perform hassle free with every single one. I ve seen plenty of add on compatibility issues with numerous other developers, and yes it is frustrating. I just had to completely reformat, clean, and reinstall Windows and FSX to a point where I could run the FSDT add ons. It sucks but it will happen. However, in the 4 years that I have been owning and operating the Citation X, I have had ZERO CTD s attributed to anything Eaglesoft related. 

If you feel that the aircraft is causing CTDs, then I suggest you buy the manual that was linked to this article and see if your CTD s dont improve or go away entirely.

I am available for troubleshooting and support at the ESDG forums for aircraft operations and flying, anything manual related as far as LROPS can be sent to my personal email at capt.walden *at* gmail *dot* com

Edited by n4gix
Edited email address per request...

I bought your book from Simmarket earlier this week Captain Walden. I haven't had time to take the cross country flight but hope to this weekend. Just curious why this is not being sold alongside the Citation X at Flight1, especially if you are not getting any royalties off it at Simmarket? I would not have known about it if Mad Dog hadn't recommended it earlier in this thread.

The LROPS Manual in question for CX2.0 was covered at length in our old forum before the hack attacks.

It was decided at that time that Capt. Josh Walden would go commercial with his work with our blessings.

It may yet become an Eaglesoft product IF Josh wishes.

Ron, now that Eaglesoft is having a ressurection perhaps a "meet the team" announcement party is in order.

In due time we may have just that. Until then this will have to suffice....

At any rate Josh serves as FDE/Systems consultant, documentation/system resource, etc. alongside Ed, Bill has iterated his duties with both companies and for what reasons, Ed does work for Mindstar, and as all around expert with Eaglesoft, it should be no secret that the FS development industry produces challenges great and small and real world income requirements must be met for individuals and families. We do have other folks who are already aboard or coming aboard who wish to remain private at this time.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Josh I'd recommend taking your email off the reply.... Or add a "at" and "dot" so the spammers don't get it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Josh, Ryan is saying edit your own post which is a privilege here...hover over edit button, bottom right corner.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Think there is a time limit   on the edit side of  things

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg