Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Just Flight Comet 24 hour deal- £5/€6/$8

I'm going to pick it up, but I guess it needs to go through the standard JF modification and fixing program before flying...

I'd like to pick it up for $8. A while back I thought you can't go wrong for $8 but I got just flights Traffic 360 for $8 and I ditched that in favour of WOAI (thank God I finally found the backup of all those WOAI packages that I had though I lost after my latest build. Since there is a freeware I would be inclined to go with that one. It would be great if an experienced throw that 2 cents worth. Maybe someone who can comment and compare both the JS and Freeware mentioned above. Although I do have a bunch of JS stuff that I got for little or nothing and I have to say they are nothing special but a lot of fun on occasion: 767, L-1011 TriStar, 757, Bea 146 etc. Having said that though I beat after this sale end the price of the comet is going to stay around the $10 mark

And whether its better than the freeware Comets from David Maltby?

http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

The VC on David's comet seem rather better than the youtube video of the Just Flight comet...

Cheers

Keith

That's FS9, this is an FSX model. But the cockpit has very little functionality like most, if not all JF products. It's basically... bad.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I really wish some developer could focus on high quality models of older aircraft. Other than A2A's B377 we only have JF's rather poor models and a number of freeware of variying quality. Too bad!

That's FS9, this is an FSX model. 

True, the maltby Comets are FS2004, but work well in Prepar3D (so far), no clickspots on the VC, like all (?) FS2004 aircraft, but a nice cockpit unlike the JF one.

I've actually been in a Comet cockpit, and much prefer the freeware one.

I really wish some developer could focus on high quality models of older aircraft.

Agreed, though I suspect it's market driven.

Cheers

Keith

Don't forget the upcoming PMDG Classics line. Hopefully we'll see something like a DC-10, 727 or DC-3 there! 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I enjoyed flying the Comet for a while, but then got fed up by the VC. The yoke is in front of some instruments and i never found a way to disable it or move it away.

It flies nice and fuel usage seems to be correct from the available data. The external model looks good if a bit too plastic, so i only have problems with the VC which also looks too plastic and artificial.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'd like to pick it up for $8. A while back I thought you can't go wrong for $8 but I got just flights Traffic 360 for $8 and I ditched that in favour of WOAI (thank God I finally found the backup of all those WOAI packages that I had though I lost after my latest build. Since there is a freeware I would be inclined to go with that one. It would be great if an experienced throw that 2 cents worth. Maybe someone who can comment and compare both the JS and Freeware mentioned above. Although I do have a bunch of JS stuff that I got for little or nothing and I have to say they are nothing special but a lot of fun on occasion: 767, L-1011 TriStar, 757, Bea 146 etc. Having said that though I beat after this sale end the price of the comet is going to stay around the $10 mark

IMO, their BAe146 "base pack" is actually quite good (their "FMC" expansion is a joke and my recommandation is rather the QualityWings BAe 146 collection, including the Avroliners, 3 different cockpits and 2 different FMCs, but, in some sort of sale - 24h/pick&mix - the JF version can be rather interesting).

Have to second that Traffic360 statement, though: Even my aged MT2010 looks like the better product to me.

Don't forget the upcoming PMDG Classics line.

It's really the 50's/early 60's turboprops that are missing:

Britannia/Viscount/Vanguard/HS748/Herald, and US equivalents - there are very good Freeware offerings but mostly FS2004 so they have the no mouse clicks issue. Some have no VC at all :-(

And the 1st Jets - Comet and Caravelle, BAC 1-11 and VC10...

Don't think PMDG will do these, but a DC-4 would be fine :-)

Cheers

Keith

I enjoyed flying the Comet for a while, but then got fed up by the VC. The yoke is in front of some instruments and i never found a way to disable it or move it away.

Comet_zpsea14b2ff.jpg

:(