Sign in to follow this  
D-AIMA

SP2 crash

Hi!

My FSX didnt work anymore and so i uninstalled the SP2. Whyever its working again now. But if i reinstall the SP2, fsx always crashes... How can i fix this Problem?

When you install SP2, right click it and select Run As Administrator.

Make sure you go to the FSX Folder and right click it and select Properties.  Look to see that the folder is shared with everyone.  Do you as the User have proper permissions?

Download and run AppCrashView (see link in AVSIM CTD Guide in pinned topic in this forum).   We need to see the details of the crash.

You might want to take a look at the following installation guide for FSX - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

i cant run SP2.exe as Administrator...

I am the only user on this pc and i didnt install FSX in the normal path, i simply installed it in C:/FSX

i cant run SP2.exe as Administrator...

I am the only user on this pc and i didnt install FSX in the normal path, i simply installed it in C:/FSX

Sorry for the wrong advice.  It's SP2.msi, not SP2.exe.  Right click on SP2.msi and select Properties.  Under the General tab make sure the program is not blocked.  If so, click on unblock to unblock the program.  Close.  Right click on SP2.msi and select Install.  When SP2 in installed, the installer looks in your system registry for where FSX is installed and will install it based on that information.  You do not have to tell the installer anything.  If it says it cannot find FSX, then you have installed FSX improperly.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

For what it's worth, I had 3 crashes in 8 months before I installed SP2 on my old XP machine.  After installing it, I was crashing an average of every 3 flights.  When I got a new Windows 7 computer, since I had software that required SP2 I installed it right away and the crashes remained constant for many months.  It's only relatively recently that I've been able to fly without crashing, through some mixture of voodoo and blind luck.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

ok thanks i will try it. But if I'm running fsx without SP2 now, there is a massive bug with the graphics. If i move the camera, parts of the previous view stay there or when i'm doing a right-click, parts of the windows stay there too. 

Most of the recent addons require SP2 or Acceleration installed.  FSX is installed as follows:  FSX Deluxe or Standard, then run fsx at least one time.  Install SP1.  Run FSX at least one time.  Install SP2 OR Acceleration.  You cannot have SP2 AND Acceleration installed at the same time.  If Acceleration is installed, SP2 will not install.  A complete installation of FSX would be installing FSX and Acceleration OR installing FSX, SP1, and then SP2.  Repeat.  You cannot have SP2/Acceleration installed at the same time.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM