Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Teles

So, I did a little mod for sun and lens flare effect...

Looks nice.. sticking with Rex 4 though.. they did some incredible sun & lens flare textures.. way better than Rex OD.

Also, it's possible to enable lens flare in outside cameras.. it's more realistic and looks amazing!

11801928575_94806c87d8_o.jpg

• Upvote 2

I'm using REX4 with it, and it's jaw dropping. Thanks again Gabriel.

Glad you liked it!

Looks nice.. sticking with Rex 4 though.. they did some incredible sun & lens flare textures.. way better than Rex OD.

Also, it's possible to enable lens flare in outside cameras.. it's more realistic and looks amazing!

11801928575_94806c87d8_o.jpg

Nice shot! REX4 seems great by the screenshots I've seen. I may buy it in the future...

About the lens flare: isn't it enabled in outside views by default once you check "lens flare" in FSX options?

Nope, it isn't. By default, It's only embedded into the VC camera.

Someone disliked my post ... lol

It looks nice :)

Can you also share your ENB settings, or the whole ENB package with your settings by any chance?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

It looks nice :)

Can you also share your ENB settings, or the whole ENB package with your settings by any chance?

Thanks!

About ENB: just search for "sky-textures-for-enb-series_12.zip" in AVSIM's library. 

Thank you :) Will try.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Thank you for these great textures Gabriel, your sky textures are amazing and I downloaded this immediately after I saw your new mod and it's awesome :)

I'd buy you a beer if you were in my neck of the woods, great job as always mate  :good:

Aaron

So... anyone tried these in DX10 mode? 

Bloom seems to work well. 

Thank you for these great textures Gabriel, your sky textures are amazing and I downloaded this immediately after I saw your new mod and it's awesome :)

I'd buy you a beer if you were in my neck of the woods, great job as always mate  :good:

Aaron

Thanks, Aaron! Glad you like it!

No problem, Adi518.  I brought balance to the Force and liked your post...  ;)

I broke the balance by giving him another like.  :unsure:

Honest to god, your sky textures were my freeware addon of the year 2013, no doubt.

I think this is a strong contender for 2014..

Aamir Thacker

Honest to god, your sky textures were my freeware addon of the year 2013, no doubt.

I think this is a strong contender for 2014..

I don't even know what to say. :P

With so many great freeware addons around, your post made me really happy. 

Thanks and have great flights!

Gabriel

I'm having some trouble with the lens flare showing up in the VC. I've added the 2 lines of settings to both camera.cfg files, but it still won't show. I've tried various times of day in the sim and set up a similar scenorio to your VC shot in this thread, but it doesn't show then either.

The enhanced effect works fine in exterior views, so I think I've installed it correctly. Any assitance would be much appreciated.

Gabriel

I'm having some trouble with the lens flare showing up in the VC. I've added the 2 lines of settings to both camera.cfg files, but it still won't show. I've tried various times of day in the sim and set up a similar scenorio to your VC shot in this thread, but it doesn't show then either.

The enhanced effect works fine in exterior views, so I think I've installed it correctly. Any assitance would be much appreciated.

Hey Ryan, yes, you installed it correctly! Hmm... did you add the lines to the specific "virtual cockpit" section, inside cameras.cfg? This file has several sections, each one for one type of camera: a new section always begins with "[CameraDefinition.xxx"], xxx = a number that refers to a certain camera type. So you have "[CameraDefinition.001]" and its settings, then "[CameraDefinition.002]" and its settings and so on. One of these sections -- probably the number two -- relates specifically to the virtual cockpit. You have to add those lines to the end of this particular section.

Oh, yes, one more thing: sometimes, the line "ShowLensFlare=xxxx" is already there, but it has a "FALSE" value instead of "TRUE". In this case you'll only change the value of this line -- no need to add a new one. 

The "Clipmode=minimum" line isn't there by default, if I'm not mistaken -- so this one you probably will have to add.

Oh, yes, one more thing: sometimes, the line "ShowLensFlare=xxxx" is already there, but it has a "FALSE" value instead of "TRUE". In this case you'll only change the value of this line -- no need to add a new one.

The "Clipmode=minimum" line isn't there by default, if I'm not mistaken -- so this one you probably will have to add.

That was the issue, it's all working now! Thanks.