Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Teles

So, I did a little mod for sun and lens flare effect...

When you disable SweetFX, does it works? 

Whole lens flare effect flashes with or without sweetfx, but it is more prominent with it. Also I can't see the effect at all on 90% of viewing angles, very strange. Fir example, I can see the lens flare only when it is very close to the bottom of the screen, and in one little area around centre of the screen, but in that area it flashes very fast. I'm having this problem for months now, deleted and reinstalled FSX few times, also deleted nvidia inspector settings few times.

I added in all cameras.cfg two lines, so I guess that is not the issue.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Whole lens flare effect flashes with or without sweetfx, but it is more prominent with it. Also I can't see the effect at all on 90% of viewing angles, very strange. Fir example, I can see the lens flare only when it is very close to the bottom of the screen, and in one little area around centre of the screen, but in that area it flashes very fast. I'm having this problem for months now, deleted and reinstalled FSX few times, also deleted nvidia inspector settings few times.

I added in all cameras.cfg two lines, so I guess that is not the issue.

Whoa... I really don't know what could it be...  :(

Did you try to update the nVidia driver? If reinstalling FSX didn't help, I wonder if it isn't a problem outside FSX.

Whoa... I really don't know what could it be...  :(

Did you try to update the nVidia driver? If reinstalling FSX didn't help, I wonder if it isn't a problem outside FSX.

Updated forceware, no sweetfx, no nvidia inspector profile, without EZDOK, and still lens flare is visible only when close to the bottom of the screen, just tested it.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Updated forceware, no sweetfx, no nvidia inspector profile, without EZDOK, and still lens flare is visible only when close to the bottom of the screen, just tested it.

Ok, an odd question but here it goes: when you zoom in or out, is there any change in the effect's behavior? For instance, a flare element shows up when you zoom in and disappears when you zoom out.

Ok, an odd question but here it goes: when you zoom in or out, is there any change in the effect's behavior? For instance, a flare element shows up when you zoom in and disappears when you zoom out.

Not odd, good suggestion! I will try that later today.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

It looks beautiful!!!

I'm Enricodelbono, and i'm actually working on my fsenhancer, a mod that will change completely fsx, and i'd like to use your lens flare for my mod, are you agree? Obviously i will put your name close to my name in the reademe

Hi captains!

Downloaded the stuff today! Unbelievable!Thanks very much.!!!

But I also have a question.By zooming out from the plane,I can see this big

lense effect,that looks like an enormous round rainbow.Is there a way to eliminate it?

For me,it is one effect too much. 

Regards,

Scott

It looks beautiful!!!

I'm Enricodelbono, and i'm actually working on my fsenhancer, a mod that will change completely fsx, and i'd like to use your lens flare for my mod, are you agree? Obviously i will put your name close to my name in the reademe

Oh... I missed your post. Sorry!

Anyway, I'd like to keep distributing this mod separately. This makes all the support job easier for me. Hope you understand!

Hi captains!

Downloaded the stuff today! Unbelievable!Thanks very much.!!!

But I also have a question.By zooming out from the plane,I can see this big

lense effect,that looks like an enormous round rainbow.Is there a way to eliminate it?

For me,it is one effect too much. 

Regards,

Scott

Yes, there is! Open "suneffect.cfg" (it's in your FSX root directory); look for this section...

[LensFlare.3]

Texture="sunflare2.bmp" //rainbow flare

Size="1.88"

Location="2.1"

Intensity="0.17"

...and change the highlighted line to this:

Intensity="0" //0.17

The rainbow will disappear, but the original value will be there for you to remember, in case you want it back. :P

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439469-surreal-approach/#entry2966419

more examples of this beautiful mod in action B)

cheers

Awesome screenshots!

Hi Gabriel!

I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I made it work outside the NGX but not inside. I added the two lines to the aircraft.cfg located in simobjects/PMDG NGX 737-800 WL folder, but I can't get this effect in VC. Any idea?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I've installed everything correctly but the lens flare seems to flash sometimes, any idea how to fix it? Pretty annoying, other than that amazing mod. I'm using REX4, ASN, DX10 with the Fixer. Lens flare and Bloom is checked. Please help! :)

Best Regards

Orcun Günaytekin

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Hi Gabriel!

I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I made it work outside the NGX but not inside. I added the two lines to the aircraft.cfg located in simobjects/PMDG NGX 737-800 WL folder, but I can't get this effect in VC. Any idea?

Hello!

Have you edited the "cameras.cfg" file located in FSX's main folder? This is the one to edit in order to view the effect inside the cockpit -- note that you have to find the section that relates to the "Virtual Cockpit". Also, check for duplicate entries, like two "ShowLensFlare=xxx" in the same section -- sometimes, you add a line that was already there, and one remains with the "FALSE" value - this conflict usually disables the effect.

If you have already done this and still can't see the effect, try to edit another "cameras.cfg" -- the one located at the same folder as FSX.cfg

I've installed everything correctly but the lens flare seems to flash sometimes, any idea how to fix it? Pretty annoying, other than that amazing mod. I'm using REX4, ASN, DX10 with the Fixer. Lens flare and Bloom is checked. Please help! :)

Best Regards

Hi!

Well... this happens sometimes, mainly when the sun is high in the sky. Unfortunately, I think it's an FSX bug and I've never been able to solve it. 

If it happens when the sun is near the horizon, then that's strange. The "Clipmode=Minimum" line may help -- you can put it in the same places that you've added/changed the "ShowLensFlare=xxx" line.

Hello!

Have you edited the "cameras.cfg" file located in FSX's main folder? This is the one to edit in order to view the effect inside the cockpit -- note that you have to find the section that relates to the "Virtual Cockpit". Also, check for duplicate entries, like two "ShowLensFlare=xxx" in the same section -- sometimes, you add a line that was already there, and one remains with the "FALSE" value - this conflict usually disables the effect.

If you have already done this and still can't see the effect, try to edit another "cameras.cfg" -- the one located at the same folder as FSX.cfg

Have you tried this yourself? Haven't seen any videos or anything concerning VC lighting in the NGX, only 777. I've heard about people trying it, but never succeeded. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth