Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Teles

So, I did a little mod for sun and lens flare effect...

It looks beautiful!!!

I'm Enricodelbono, and i'm actually working on my fsenhancer, a mod that will change completely fsx, and i'd like to use your lens flare for my mod, are you agree? Obviously i will put your name close to my name in the reade 

Enricodelbono why did you disappear your fsenhancer looked very promising I think if it was released it would definitely be a game changer for flightsim hope all is well.

Would be great if Gabriel could update this for P3D  :wink:

Rich Sennett

most texture files look corrupt, alternative download please?

They may look corrupted, but they aren't. The files can't be opened in "normal" image viewers because they are in DXT format -- which is pretty common in FSX.

Would be great if Gabriel could update this for P3D  :wink:

I would... but I don't have P3D, so I don't know how the sim manages this kind of stuff. :sad:

Not working for me, i have followed your readme without sucess. 

In this video it is working in P3D 3.1. with the same conf like me :( 

P3D manage lighting a bit different to fsx, this is the reason most aerosoft airports have runway light issues.

But then.. the video? :(

He said me that no other confg required.

They may look corrupted, but they aren't. The files can't be opened in "normal" image viewers because they are in DXT format -- which is pretty common in FSX.

I would... but I don't have P3D, so I don't know how the sim manages this kind of stuff. :sad:

You should get it when you can my friend - way better 

Rich Sennett

You should get it when you can my friend - way better 

Another vote for get P3D!

• Upvote 1

I don't get it guys, I installed Gabriel's lens flare in P3D v3 without a hitch. Procedure is the same as for FSX, copy files to Texture folder, and suneffects.cfg in c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\... and don't forget to backup the files! And it looks as good as in FSX except that VC overlapping bug that is present in P3D.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Good to know.  I have been using it in FSX:SE DX10 for a while.  It is superb.  I also have P3D 3.1 but I haven't started using/tweaking it yet, but the sun effect will go straight in.  Thanks for letting me know that the install process is the same. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I don't get it guys, I installed Gabriel's lens flare in P3D v3 without a hitch. Procedure is the same as for FSX, copy files to Texture folder, and suneffects.cfg in c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\... and don't forget to backup the files! And it looks as good as in FSX except that VC overlapping bug that is present in P3D.

That was the clue! I was replacing suneffects.cfg in the main p3d folder, not in c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ 

Some shots here, great! thanks!

That was the clue! I was replacing suneffects.cfg in the main p3d folder, not in c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ 

Some shots here, great! thanks!

Glad you sorted out. :smile2:

Another vote for get P3D!

I'd like to, but price is very prohibitive for me... especially considering that my country's economy isn't in its best moments right now and US dollars are very expensive these days... :tongue: 

And I'd have to buy all my PMDG stuff again...

Sorry to everyone for bringing up this topic again years later but I can't seem to understand the instructions for installing the sun textures. I put the textures provided and the cfg file into a separate folder I created like the instructions said, then I copied the texture file into th FSX texture folder but I can't seem to figure out where to put the cfg file. It says something about the FSX root directory but that really doesn't make any sense to me since I couldn't find a folder with that name. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

37 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Sorry to everyone for bringing up this topic again years later but I can't seem to understand the instructions for installing the sun textures. I put the textures provided and the cfg file into a separate folder I created like the instructions said, then I copied the texture file into th FSX texture folder but I can't seem to figure out where to put the cfg file. It says something about the FSX root directory but that really doesn't make any sense to me since I couldn't find a folder with that name. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Place the suneffect.cfg into you Main FSX folder.  I would rename the suneffect.cfg that is already in there to something like suneffect_orig.cfg to save it in case you don't like the modification.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: