Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Teles

So, I did a little mod for sun and lens flare effect...

Have you tried this yourself? Haven't seen any videos or anything concerning VC lighting in the NGX, only 777. I've heard about people trying it, but never succeeded. 

Yes, sir! Everything works fine here. Here's some unedited screenshots:

VzMGrxw.jpg

HOHTFBy.jpg

H5ZF3tz.jpg

syRRmJ9.jpg

Hello, Josh! Sorry for the late answer...

I think it works well in DX10, but I never had the opportunity to test properly, so I can't give you a straight answer. 

It's a very simple mod anyway, so I guess there's no reason for not working.

Best regards,

It works in FSX DX10, but sadly, you are scre*ed if you used any REX4 sun effects and forgot to make a backup. Happend here. Now, everything I see is a big REX4 sun bulb on the sky.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I'm still tinkering with it in DX10 myself. Just downloaded it several days back and can't quite seem to get the bright glow effect (the flare works fine). Regardless of time of day or position, I can see a distinct circle for the sun without glow effects like in the pictures posted here. At least in reality, I haven't been able to stare at the sun long enough to see a plain circle :P

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I'm still tinkering with it in DX10 myself. Just downloaded it several days back and can't quite seem to get the bright glow effect (the flare works fine). Regardless of time of day or position, I can see a distinct circle for the sun without glow effects like in the pictures posted here. At least in reality, I haven't been able to stare at the sun long enough to see a plain circle :P

That's exactly what I see in DX10 too - that distinct circle effect.

If there was any way to "soften" the edge of the sun I think it would appear truer to life.

Up !

Just tried it out on FSX/DX10 and it's great ! Really awesome looking !

The only problem I have is, under PMDG VC, the sun flare is blinking :/ Doesn't happen in outside view, only within VC.

Have no idea why, if someone had the same issue maybe found a solution ?

cheers and great work OP.

My windows won't let me edit my cameras cfg file

I go and edit the cameras file and it tells me it already esists and access denied.

I am a little confused here.

I am not running fsx while trying to edit the cameras folder

Okay I was able to figure out how to save the camera and aircraft cfg files.

My sun is smaller now. But I still can't seem to get that sweet lens flare. I disabled the sun effects in rex4 texture direct. Made all my showlensflare=true on my cameras and Pmdg aircraft cfg. Which I went into simobjects and found the aircraft.cfg. I also have lens flare checked in my fsx settings

Here's what I am seeing.

2015-4-10_5-26-54-933.png

2015-4-9_16-43-59-878.png

Greetings Gabriel (olá de Fortaleza!!!)

Can't wait to get home after work and test your mod. Seems to be great. I ask you if i can share the information at anothe virtual sim forum making the references to you?

Abraços!

Marcelo Fontenele

Okay I tried everything again. The outside works great!

In my vc I can't seem to get the flare?

I am using ezdok

2015-4-10_15-20-35-211.png

2015-4-10_15-19-53-301.png

I get the same effect as Greg.  My sun exactly like his shots and it looks tiny as well.

Alexander Alonso

Greg, did you follow the extra instructions (altering the aircraft.cfg) for EZDOK users as well as doing the other camera.cfg modifications?

I just got it and thanks so much, changed my sun from the size of a pin head to the full fat version B)

ZORAN