Sign in to follow this  
SlapPilet

PMDG downloads expired

Hello, I recently purchased the PMDG 777 and the PMDG 737 NGX base packs. I would like to know if there is a way to redeem a new download link because I just today reinstalled windows due to some issues, and it would suck if I couldn't get these aircraft back. many thanks, slappilet

I believe you have to go buy the 5 dollar re-download fee. I kept my 777 installer so I wouldn't have to repay that, and I suggest you do it too.

Always always always put a copy of the .exe file onto an external hard drive.  That way, if you need to redownload it it's so easy just run the .exe file again and enter the password!!!

I learned this the hard way when I had to do a reinstall of my entire FSX and had to redownload everything over the internet.

I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH....COPY ALL THE .exe files onto an external hard drive!      

Okay yeah thanks guys, I have to purchase the 5$ re-download fee for both aircraft, which is unfortunate but not that big of a deal, aslong as I can get them back. It's funny because I have a 2TB backup drive sitting here ...  

Okay yeah thanks guys, I have to purchase the 5$ re-download fee for both aircraft, which is unfortunate but not that big of a deal, aslong as I can get them back. It's funny because I have a 2TB backup drive sitting here ...  

An external Backup drive is sooooo important. Usually when you have HD dramas with FSX, they are usually catastrophic and often a full clean and re-installation of every thing. By copying your download files, be it zips or exe etc, put them on the drive with a txt note of activation key, log ins and other details.

I have just had my hard drive with FSX back to the doctor, who advises they need to replace the HD. They offered to make a ghost of the old drive, but not too sure if it will work as FSX tends to be a very spread out program....While it is painful reloading every thing, I have a portable HD with every thing stored there complete with key details. I even have a spare pen drive with all the activation key details as well.  

Regards 

Geoff Bryce

use a free program like seagate DW and tick sector by sector box. Not if, but WHEN your FSX fails its a 3 click re install and no need for any serial numbers at all

ZORAN

You don't back up your installers and serials/codes just to cater for HDD crashes. It's also about

• possible ISP issues
  • limited download bandwidth
  • limited no. of redownloads
  • expiring of download links (like with PMDG)
  • your favourite download sites under DOS attacks
  • download shops going out of business
  • and a million reasons more

Just back up as a matter of principle and you'll save yourself a lot of time and headaches!