Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

Wow, what night lighting is that?  Are those your textures that are in beta right now?  Those look like edited shots they are so good..

Yes,these are my beta textures together with UT Europe road lighting. I have installed the minimal roads patch from here: http://www.scenerysolutions.com/ut_downloads_FS9.html and also tweaked the exclusion zones around roads in the autogen.cfg. So I only have major roads and max autogen which includes the custom autogen lights. I only use freeware libraries for the lights, by the way. The shots are only sharpened a bit because when I take screenshots, they become muggy. I also use enbseries bloom to get shiny lights.

There are some dark patches because I have not managed to finish all texture sets, there are still four to go. Of course some of the dark patches are city parks, too.

Cheers, Sascha

Edit: A few beta testers only get white lights, while I always have these nice multicoloured ones; so maybe there is another library being used. I have the usual stuff which you need for freeware airports, but don't design scenery myself so no special stuff. This result should be attainable for everyone.

Edit #2: This is on an autogen setting of extreme which hits the framerates on my system. But this is indeed very old: I have a P6600 Intel Dual Core at 2.4 GHz with 4 GB RAM running on Vista. My graphics card is a Nvidia 9800GT.

Nice shots..and surprising that some of those are claimed unedited.

I always found it possible to achieve a very natural feel overall with FS9.

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Look'n good...

I followed some of the links you provided and one of the threads mentioned high density autogen - that's still within the 600 object per tile limitation - correct - or - did you find a way around that ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

How refreshing to read the positive comments about FS9 complete with screenshots.

As a relative newcomer to flightsimming, it is confusing to say the least knowing which way to turn. From the commercial viewpoint P3D seems to be the next step but depends on a high end computer and at this early stage a Phd. in computer knowledge or programming would be useful, whereas there still seems to be progress being made on the FSX platform with DX10 and for those just wanting to fly, or perhaps on a budget, there's some superb freeware available for FS9.

Interesting indeed, but thank you for the screenshots, I'm glad I have kept my FS9 copy and have a spare partition!

My first flight this year….still waiting on the ability to select which AES pushback truck and tow bar length ….for years now. :(

fsscr810_zps867d86c4.jpg

fsscr816_zps9252dd81.jpg

• Upvote 7

that's still within the 600 object per tile limitation

As far as I understand it from the SDK, the limitation is actually 900 objects per tile. Here is the passage from the documentation (p. 48 Autogen SDK.doc):

"Limitations in Flight Simulator

For performance reasons, the scenery engine in Flight Simulator limits the number of buildings displayed to 300 per square kilometer and the pieces of vegetation displayed to 600 per square kilometer.

Future versions of Flight Simulator, however, may increase these limits; there is no limitation on the number of building footprints and vegetation areas stored in the annotation files."

Make sure you set the autogen in the terrain section of your fs9.cfg to the following:

TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5

There are some claims that higher settings work (up to 30) but I never saw any difference.

What did help a lot to display denser autogen was using the UT Europe auto configurator (bottom left in the GUI) to set autogen slider to the far right to "more autogen".

The trouble with forest tiles is that they actually seem to always display default autogen even if the tile has been annotated with max trees. And the default is pretty sparse ...

Cheers,

Sascha

My first flight this year….still waiting on the ability to select which AES pushback truck and tow bar length ….for years now. :(

fsscr810_zps867d86c4.jpg

fsscr816_zps9252dd81.jpg

Lovely! I don't recognize the cockpit! I suppose it must be an L1011?

Sascha

I suppose it must be an L1011?

I'd guess an Il-76.

what the pilot is seeing.

... found something from last years holidays...

post-235006-0-33358900-1390775848.jpg

• Upvote 2

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Sascha,

Ahh - learned something new already - I thought the total count was 600 and I've been limiting my tiles to that... I didn't realize there was a separate count for buildings... I wish Annotator would have separate counters for each... All my work has been with just tiles adjacent to an airport I'm working on... I never had a problem getting dense forests - but - I believe you are working on landclass tiles which may be different...

Thanks for the info...

:)

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

. found something from last years holidays...

Now you're talking - nice pic! Thank you.

FS9 certainly could produce surprising images from its default scenery. Here's another from my ancient 1.8 AMD 'puter.

Dusk- Fokker 100 On final for R08 Juneau.

(Looked much better when it was 45 inches wide & 26" from my nose!)

january

post-148756-0-81223400-1390791630.jpg

• Upvote 2

Lovely! I don't recognize the cockpit! I suppose it must be an L1011?

Sascha

It is a rare Il-76TD-90VD 

fsscr826_zps32775eb4.jpg

This is a L-1011-500 cockpit with a digital autopilot. :) (currently being rebuilt again!)

fsscr829_zps4189cce1.jpg

• Upvote 4

It is a rare Il-76TD-90VD

Thanks! Did you do the panel yourself? Great job!

Sascha

Thanks! Did you do the panel yourself? Great job!

Sascha

Yes thank you. It looks like I might get a long AES tow bar to push my fat girl too! :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Nice Topic!

I still miss Flight Zone for FSX. I have managed to port most of it to FSX. But it looks spectacular in FS9.

I still have all my FS9 addons saved/backup and the srl# and purchase information documented in a note pad and in a notebook binder. Just in case! LOL :)

I wonder where Vouchez is. I know he  started to work with/for Flight 1 on their airbus... but then that project kind of tanked and then Vouchez disappeared. MIA.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What happened to this thread? I am more into moving pics with sound (not music) than stills now but hey let's see some pics.

fsscr106_zps38659e85.jpg

fsscr084_zps0729ddd8.jpg

fsscr068_zps14094b03.jpg

fsscr761_zps5ee9873c.jpg

fsscr487_zps8240b5f7.jpg

fsscr332_zps5ac43c3b.jpg

fsscr126_zps18074376.jpg

fsscr084_zps85394d40.jpg

fsscr081_zps61505044.jpg

fsscr080_zps0014b233.jpg

fsscr112_zpsa16ae1bf.jpg

fsscr072_zps002952f4.jpg

fsscr582-1_zps2335dae0.jpg

fsscr537-1_zps663df566.jpg

fsscr501-2_zps8b93b022.jpg

fsscr401-3_zpsceeea88d.jpg

fsscr204-5_zpsb91e013e.jpg

fsscr307-3_zps4a9aef53.jpg

fsscr235-1_zps75a9f99a.jpg

fsscr234-1_zps9d0ddd96.jpg

fsscr181-2_zps98f2aadc.jpg

• Upvote 10

One of my old FS9 screenshots (Migrated to FSX now, as my dual boot setup stopped working)

DlWrUgA.jpg

• Upvote 1