Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

While on the subject of Bugs and Superbugs...

SXA1nf.jpg

EIij9N.jpg

UDHguF.jpg

Awesome shots gents - I have to ask (searched about but no luck) is fs9.something some complete add on or is it simply each users fs9 with preferred add on weather/airports etc.  I assume the latter.

I still enjoy original fs9 with PMDG - runs pretty smooth on my machine.  Just wonder if I'm missing out on an easy 'upgrade'.

Thanks and sorry for the probably dumb question,

James

Awesome shots gents - I have to ask (searched about but no luck) is fs9.something some complete add on or is it simply each users fs9 with preferred add on weather/airports etc. I assume the latter.

I still enjoy original fs9 with PMDG - runs pretty smooth on my machine. Just wonder if I'm missing out on an easy 'upgrade'.

Thanks and sorry for the probably dumb question,

James

There is no official FS9.5 update... That's just our way of expressing how far FS9 can be extended with the right addons. There's enough out there to totally replace all visual and many core aspects of the Sim (such as ATC, weather engine, sounds, and even the flight dynamics engine on some few aircraft). Of course, not all of the latter are still available, free, or operational in Win7 and above, but at one point, most everything has been upgraded by somebody, sometime...

Thanks ematheson - I kinda thought it was more of an expression.  Anyway, any consensus or thoughts on best weather engine?

Thanks again,

Kevin

Kevin, I can highly recommend Active Sky Evolution.

It's subtly grown on me with time - a true test of the software, I feel.

I use ASE as my weather engine.

I need to get ASE since Im still on the ancient AS 6.5.  Are there noticeable differences with AS6.5 and ASE?

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

iMO ASE is the first weather engine that managed to get visibility limitations and transitions right.

2z5rodd.png

EHAM - KBOS

Flown in: A300 / A319 / B737 / B757 / B767 / MD11 / Cessna 172.

Flown with: Transavia.com / Easyjet / United Airlines / Martinair / Onur Air / Flyair / Corendon Airlines / Kohtako airlines.

Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 767 / DC10 / MD11.

Favorite Airport: EHAM / KBOS / KEWR / LTAI.

I need to get ASE since Im still on the ancient AS 6.5.  Are there noticeable differences with AS6.5 and ASE?

Hello Bill, I upgraded to ASE a long time ago and cannot remember the differences, but I do remember being very pleased and would recommend the upgrade.  :smile:

Are we in a new game of "Spot the 5 differences in the two photos"?

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

AVSIM sometimes changes gears in the middle of a post.

If you're not quick, you lose editing rights, and end up double posting.

I prefer the second one :)

This one caught my eye, flying around LHSimulations' Budapest.

Gotta love it when folk spend a bit of time making stuff like HiDef lighting masts, eh?

uTea0i.jpg

LHSim's Budapest is really great, especially if combined with Aerosofts old city scenery. (Couldn't recognize from my mobile phone if you do so already; picture was displayed too small...)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes! I waited a long time before buying the LHS Budapest, for the very reason I didn't want to compromise the Aerosoft city scenery..

But as you pointed out long ago, it all fits together very well, and you then have an updated airport.

WVhhpG.jpg

If one adds all the excellent LHS freeware to the area, it's a great tour in a helo, or perhaps an AN-2 

vZJnfz.jpg