Sign in to follow this  
Jeff H

FS 9.95 never looked so good.

Interesting. I have never tried the 20L/20R approaches (looked too easy :P  ) but I will give them a try to see what you mean.  B)

Would love to see the video when your done.  :p0504:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

p.s PDiddy is just my nickname for that other sim….prepar3dv2. :biggrin:

Hey, that's not fair!  I'm old and I just learned who PDiddy is!  Don't confuse the old man!

Puff Daddy has left the building!

I loved fs9 but hated the vibrating water textures, even with Zinertek Addon.

Why didn't you just set water details to low?

Btw, is the Wonderful Rio package still sold somewhere?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Would love to see the video when your done.  :p0504:

I made a test flight today RNAV (GNSS) Z Rwy 20L approach …. very nice but not difficult.

Unfortunately this was just after I updated my IFly and I experienced some problems …..like a VC blocking my 2D views!. I may make a video of this approach but right now I am busy fixing up some other cockpits.

It used to be sold at Simmarket but what has happened to it I do not know.

fsscr131_zps0211ebb0.jpg

fsscr135_zpsb448cfbe.jpg

fsscr136_zps7b152e05.jpg

fsscr138_zpsb6d962f8.jpg

• Upvote 2

I googled and it semms to be freeware now: http://fsaviacaocomercial.blogspot.de/2010/04/fs2002fs2004fsx-word-sceneries.html

Seems to be legit (no torrent or stuff) , but my Portuguese is non-existent and Google translation does not open for this page.

This is the only site I found where this is hosted.

Cheers,

Sascha

O.K., thanks! I also found this website but I wasn't sure if legal... because there is (or was) also TropicalSims SBRJ hosted together with a serial number!

Anyway, I translated the text for WR and so far there's no indication for piracy regarding this scenery, so at least I will test it, especially regarding its ability to be merged with TSims airports (due to AES).

Will post some shots of my recent Rio visits later, when I have access to my photobucket.

Grüße, Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

so far there's no indication for piracy regarding this scenery,

I'll download and check the readme, there will be an email to the developer somewhere, hopefully still active. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Cheers,
Sascha

I made a test flight today RNAV (GNSS) Z Rwy 20L approach …. very nice but not difficult.

Unfortunately this was just after I updated my IFly and I experienced some problems …..like a VC blocking my 2D views!. I may make a video of this approach but right now I am busy fixing up some other cockpits.

Ed (I shouldn't even ask this as I know your a stickler for this), did you use the visual STAR for the 20L.  I actually went online and watched some videos of the approach.  It seems one flies directly over the airport to the other side of the bay then makes a left turn to the bridge and follows it for a bit to the left turn to runway 20L/20R.  Some pilots fly slightly west of the bridge (basically over it) and others fly slightly east of it making the turn to final tighter.  I find the approaches to all runways at this airport the most interesting the world over especially if done in accordance with the SID/STARS.  Can't wait to see your video on this.  Your videos have always been some of the best editing work we have in this community...  

Almost forgot, what Rio scenery are you using?  I see an oil rig in the bay to the left on short final... 

FS2020 

Ed (I shouldn't even ask this as I know your a stickler for this), did you use the visual STAR for the 20L.  I actually went online and watched some videos of the approach.  It seems one flies directly over the airport to the other side of the bay then makes a left turn to the bridge and follows it for a bit to the left turn the runway.  Some pilots fly slightly west of the bridge (basically over it) and others fly slightly east of it making the turn to final tighter.  I find the approaches to all runways at this airport the most interesting the world over especially if done in accordance with the SID/STARS.  Can't wait to see your video on this.  Your videos have always been some of the best editing work we have in this community...  

Almost forgot, what Rio scenery are you using?  I see an oil rig in the bay to the left on short final... 

I am using the Wonderful Rio scenery. As I said earlier I flew the RNAV (GNSS) Rwy Z 20L approach….pretty much all the approaches for SBRJ are RNAV now.

The only approach where one would fly over the the airport and then expedite a left turn would be the NDB B Rwy 02/20 approach …..which would be the most fun approach for Rwy 20.

ndb_zpsd875f64e.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi,

here are some photos of my recent Rio visit. Don't let yourself disturb by some DC-6 resting at SBRJ; they are part of a test.

140217B727SBRJ2_zps619d9b33.jpg

I like the Corcovado in the fog:

140217B727SBRJ1_zps9e66de81.jpg

As approaches with the "fast" jet still excite me a little bit, I regenerated with something slower:

140223C185SBRJ1_zps4a7ceb15.jpg

140223C185SBRJ2_zps2a81353f.jpg

(Rio v9.0 freeware by Newton Drumond et. al together with TropicalSim SBRJ and SBGL. It's an acceptable merge, but it lacks the wonderful spotter fence we see in Ed's Video at 04:45.)

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

(Rio v9.0 freeware by Newton Drumond et. al together with TropicalSim SBRJ and SBGL. It's an acceptable merge, but it lacks the wonderful spotter fence we see in Ed's Video at 04:45.)

I have both TropicalSim and Wonderful Rio….I bought TS because I am an AES fan but I still prefer the WR version of SBRJ.

I once picked up a package of SBRJ, SBGL, SBGR and SBSP on sale. Yes, they have AES, but lack the "finishing touch".

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have both TropicalSim and Wonderful Rio….I bought TS because I am an AES fan but I still prefer the WR version of SBRJ.

The TS version on my system didn't play well with Wonderful Rio's Suger Loaf mountain.  I went back to using WR's version which I too like better even though it's an older representation of the airport.

FS2020 

check the readme

You will lough: The readme contains no e-mail, but serial numbers and invalid links! No no, I better stay with what I have...

However, my Grandpa would say: "Todays sceneries aren't anymore what they used to be. And those Graffitis everywhere!"

:lol:

071028Bf109LaCote_zps10eb48db.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg