Sign in to follow this  
bukeyolacan

Scenery.cfg question

I wanted to ask if does it matter to use FSX with all sceneries selected or just the airports I'm going to use? I use DX10 so I don't have any OOM but will this affect FPS? Thanks

If you have a lots of scenery installed FSX will probably slow down a tiny bit when booting, but unless you fly close to all that scenery it shouldn't really matter. However, if you fly over a lot of very detailed airports FSX might accumulate unnecessary data into memory.

The bigger problem with scenery comes from bloatware, dlls and edits to fsx default files that might conflict with other scenery. I like to keep my FSX tidy and uninstall scenery and aircraft that isn't used frequently.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm using a freeware called SceneryConfig Editor, works great and has a useful function of grouping areas for quick selection or de-selection. I'm on mobile so I don't have a link, but Google should find it for you.

Cheers,

23.png

I'm using a freeware called SceneryConfig Editor, works great and has a useful function of grouping areas for quick selection or de-selection. I'm on mobile so I don't have a link, but Google should find it for you.

Cheers,

I have that program but I just used it for arranging the scenery, not for grouping. I have SSD so loading times are fast but if they don't affect FPS they can stay.