Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

DC-6

While I'm much anticipating the PMDG DC-6, I bought the Uiver DC-2 to keep me in the spirit. It's a very "consequence" driven model and will keep you on your toes. It's a plane that you really fly, for all the purists. Systems are really done well as is the FDE. And the VC looks nice- not cartoon-like in the least. As much as I appreciate and enjoy the NGX, It's nice to take a break from flying computers .

Really excited about the DC-6.  The Uiver DC-2 keeps me motivated until that time. Worth a look while we're all waiting for the Queen of Propliners to be released.

The NG is still pretty hands on compared to other modern airliners of its age. That's why I still love the 737NG.

There's another developer doing the 787 isn't there? I'd rather PMDG did it though, obviously.

Although I actually agree with this, I'd also not mind that PMDG not tell us what product they will be releasing in 20 years :P

There's another developer doing the 787 isn't there? I'd rather PMDG did it though, obviously.

The 787 development team once "lent" a developer to PMDG as their FMC guest "coder" for the Jetstream 4100.

Now I want you to reconsider!!!   :lol:

The 787 is very similar to the 777  (systems-vise) and can be flown with one type rating, just like the 757/767.

Therefore there's a high chance that PMDG might consider doing one in the future.

If you are after something a little more 'Old-School' away from the fancy computers while you wait for the DC-6 - A2A's awesome B-17 Flying Fortress is worth a look! Very nice aircraft to both hand-fly, and set on AP....after you figure out how to use that archaic C-1 autopilot!

The B-17 with A2A's Accu-Sim add-on features amazingly detailed engine and systems modelling - everything from oil viscosity to fouled spark plugs and inertia starters - gotta take care of this ole girl!

14.jpg

6.jpg

Check out all the amazing features of the classic A2A B-17 here, and with Accu-Sim here!

If A2A and PMDG got their collective heads together, they could turn out one of the most incredible DC-6's anyone could imagine in their wildest dreams!!  :rolleyes:

I'm pleased someone got this thread back on radial engined planes instead of those sterile, plastic computer driven thingies... First time I saw Boeing's latest offering in the flesh (so to speak), I thought 'hmm, that's interesting.' And that was about it. 'Interesting'. Not exacting inspiring. I'm sure they're much nicer from a passenger's perspective with their lower cabin altitude and higher humidity, and for practical usage. But this is an entertainment sim! Who cares whether something is nice or practical?

Yeah I have the B-17 but keep in mind that it's a tail-dragger bomber and the DC-6 a commercial conventional gear airliner - two completely different aircraft. 

The A2A 377 COTS package and the B-17 are both excellent products.  Both are great for training your brain to properly operate large multi engine radial aircraft like the DC-6.  

A2A's P-47 will also help you learn good radial engine management since it makes you do everything lol...no FE to help you out.  Oil pressure, temp, CHT, Carb temp, turbo charger management and monitoring must all be done by the pilot.  On top of that you have to fly the thing.   B)  If you can manage the P-47, you can fly just about anything lol.

A2A's P-47 will also help you learn good radial engine management since it makes you do everything lol...no FE to help you out.  Oil pressure, temp, CHT, Carb temp, turbo charger management and monitoring must all be done by the pilot.  On top of that you have to fly the thing.   B)  If you can manage the P-47, you can fly just about anything lol.

True, very true

Gorky Max

Am I the only one on this forum who is more excited for the fire-spitting DC-6 than for the 777 and 747V2?
I would take the DC-6 over yet another Boeing any day of the week. Much as I enjoy programming the 777, I would prefer to fly an aeroplane.

Totally agree, only thing I am waiting for right, please not another tin tube.

-Iain Watson-