Sign in to follow this  
adi518

The "Genuine Simulation" A380 scam is taking a step further, don't fall for it !

What amazes me though is as unscrupulous as these people are, people here would take the risk and freely go to and post links to their site, which itself could have been infested with viruses and malware. 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

DAMN... the site is up again... with a different provider :( thats really frustrating

DAMN... the site is up again... with a different provider :( thats really frustrating

They faked awards from a lot of flightsim sites, including AVSIM. Lots of copyrights involved in that scam ...

And they even added a "Surprise! Surprise!" stamp.   :unsure:

Sorry but I am really getting to an end of opportunities here. What shall we do on this??? Right now, I am afraid that there is no other way than accept this. I simply cannot run after them hunting them down every time they switch the webhost... its so frustrating and energy consuming. Also, sueing someone located in Iran here from Germany is nearly impossible. Who knows what kind of copyright laws they have over there in Iran?? Or if they even exist for internet copyright abuse?? Really... I don't know what to do anymore.

There are lawyers among us flightsimmers; we have simmers from Iran; lots of flightsim sites quoted in that scam - any editors, legal advisors, people with experience in Iranian law around?

I would propose contacting the company who registered the domain and try to shut the domain off. As far as I can see, this would be Online NIC, according to the whois.

... and those are situated in the U.S.A. which might make things a bit easier.

Edit: Although I must admit that personally, I am juuust a little bit disappointed that PMDG didn't even answer me, when I notified them about the copied text from their website and asking for help to take down the site. ;) it's okay, I don't care as it worked out well anyway in the end, but after all, we are all members of the community and in this case - developers with common interests to take down the site... so no need for competetitive thoughts whatsoever ;) just my 2 cents

I suggest PMDG has more important things to worry about.

last attempt of the provider to shut it down... lets see how long it will last.

They are really stupid. The scam is so known across the flight sim community that no one in their right mind is going to fall for it. GS are just losing money as they're paying for the website to be hosted.

GS are just losing money as they're paying for the website to be hosted.

Of course, that is assuming they are legitimately paying for the hosting service. I rather suspect that they are not. (ie. stolen credit card information)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Of course, that is assuming they are legitimately paying for the hosting service. I rather suspect that they are not. (ie. stolen credit card information)

There is that concern.

Unbelievable... they got their site back up again (somehow??? I need to investigate...) selling it now for 339,00 USD ... holy *******. This is just hilarious.

Unbelievable... they got their site back up again (somehow??? I need to investigate...) selling it now for 339,00 USD ... holy *******. This is just hilarious.

For a few dollars more Airbus will sell you a real one! ^_^

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Seems the site is down again (based on the original URL that I have at least).

Hopefully it stays down.

The scary thing I'm finding with them based on their current behaviour is that when NLS releases their A380, I will not be surprised if they alter their site to make it look like they are in a "partnership" - i.e. an authorised retailer of NLS' aircraft.

--Xavier