Sign in to follow this  
adi518

The "Genuine Simulation" A380 scam is taking a step further, don't fall for it !

Seems the site is down again (based on the original URL that I have at least).

Hopefully it stays down.

The scary thing I'm finding with them based on their current behaviour is that when NLS releases their A380, I will not be surprised if they alter their site to make it look like they are in a "partnership" - i.e. an authorised retailer of NLS' aircraft.

--Xavier

Yes.. that's why I suggest Oli to apply tough protection on the add-on when it releases. The criminal mind of such people only feeds their determination to do more harm, when you take measures against them. Therefore, I suggest the use of FLEXNET (IIRC) which is what SibWings/PMDG utilize atm. Their An-2 retains good sales thanks to this.

Unbelievable... they got their site back up again (somehow??? I need to investigate...) selling it now for 339,00 USD ... holy *******. This is just hilarious.

$339.00... for an add-on airplane? You have GOT to be kidding me. I cannot believe that anyone, whether they are a novice or an experienced Simmer, would be gullible enough to fall for a blatant scam such as this, even if they DID do their homework beforehand!

Oli_NLS... I hate to say it, but these guys will go to the ends of the Earth to sell this thing, regardless of how much Legal action you gather up. The fact they're jumping from ISP to ISP without a care for anyone else (including their 'customers') shows what they're made of.

The Court of Public Opinion (ours) is the venue where this battle will be waged; so hit it hard! They have a YouTube video? Comment down about it. FaceBook types (I'm not)? Comment on their 'site'.

Legal action against fly by night, scam companies will tax your resources, Mental Health and your Relationships to the breaking point; is it really worth it?

Alan  Hobbes_cartoon-emoticon-0011.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Their hoster took the site down quickly. Why does this tell me a lot about Facebook?

I hope you weren't one of the 274 people who liked their "Fakebook" page Ollie :p0805:

Chris Sunseri

The scary thing I'm finding with them based on their current behaviour is that when NLS releases their A380, I will not be surprised if they alter their site to make it look like they are in a "partnership" - i.e. an authorised retailer of NLS' aircraft.

Whatever name they may called at the time Oli releases the A380 he should add in the description of the product a warning about Genuine Simulations being a scam and so on, just for that bit more added protection from people attempting to buy the scam version.

I hope you weren't one of the 274 people who liked their "Fakebook" page Ollie :p0805:

No, Chris, I was #275!   :lol:

On their Facebook page, they have deleted comments by Nuno Pinto (who had commented "Reported as scam") and by an Aerosoft forum member (who linked a thread similar to this one here in his Facebook comment in order to warn people of GS).

The comment GS criminals have NOT deleted is by someone questioning their "A380 within 5% of Boeing specifications" statement - probably GS' low lives don't quite understand what this guy is pointing at.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

As the site is online again, I have contacted the provider again but they say that they have finally moved to a different provider. Their new IP is

Seriously, its too time and energy consuming to run after them every time they change the provider. They will never stop...... :(

It is only showing an "Under Construction" notice at the moment. I note that they are now using "Iran Server" http://iranserver.com/ as their provider now, which would make it difficult -if not impossible- to enforce a complaint... :wacko:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup. That's an Iranian net provider through RIPE's management center in Amsterdam. 

ScreenHunter_05 Feb. 02 11.57.jpg

ScreenHunter_04 Feb. 02 11.56.jpg

We have 218 Iranian AVSIM members and I wonder if any of them could help you out?

Thanks guys,

Well, even if there are iranian Avsim members who are willing to help - what could be done? Notify their provider again? And what then? They really seem to be hardcore... and move on to the next provider. Its a never ending story. I really makes me angry to see how shameless and selfish some people are. Most other people would say "okay, you got me... we got caught. scew this..." but they keep on doing it - beeing aware that the ones they stole from KNOW of it. Its like a punch in the face.

I would think they will eventually stop when they see this scam isn't working very well, I really can't see many simmers buying it without making some research first which will quickly show them it's a scam. 

Who is going to pay $339 anyway?

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

There are lawyers among us flightsimmers; we have simmers from Iran; lots of flightsim sites quoted in that scam - any editors, legal advisors, people with experience in Iranian law around?

... and those are situated in the U.S.A. which might make things a bit easier.

Considering the fact that every bazaar you walk into in the Middle East has tens of thousands of pirated copies of movies, PC and consoles games, I'm fairly certain IP infringement isn't that big of a deal in Southwest Asia... Therefore, good luck trying to do anything about it.