Sign in to follow this  
oqvist

FS2006 - combined Civil and Military simulator

Was not each CFS a tryout for the upcoming FS? CF1 was released a year before FS2000, CF2 was released a year prior to FS2002, and CFS3 was released a year before FS2004... or something like that. Since there will be no CF4, won't that be bad for FS2006 since they won't have something to try out their new features with. ;)RH

not at all. While CFS and FS2000 shared a common engine, as did CFS2 and FS2002 (hence the ability to use aircraft from one in the other) there's no such commonality between CFS3 and FS2004.The abandonment of CFS4 could therefore theoretically mean more people with relevant knowledge available for the MSFS team.

nope, they already started mid-December last year...And if you look back further I saw the first one just after the announcement that FS2004 had gone gold...

I've always wanted that too. Ability to have more realistic of both worlds.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

The posts about what will officially be in the newly released FS10 can't have started last December. There hasn't yet been any official announcement yet.That was what my mid Feb to mid March statement was referring to.;) :-beerchug :D Victor

Because a LOT of military sim folks enjoy both formats...and this is IN FACT how the real world works. Eric

Holger, thats a very "PC" argument. You can buy games to kill almost anything complete with blood and guts and dead babies. Interoperability is not a bad thing and while you might kill some electrons nobody dies.

Guest RotorRick

I'd be bigtime in favor of combining CFS with FS-10, in particular for one reason especially: Combat Helicopters.The ONLY combat helicopter simulation I've been even remotely happy with, is EECH. That's IT. FS has nice handling helicopters. Add JUST the ability to have AI enemies, add a few Mguns and rockets, a few missile types, next thing you know, 3rd party freeware guys like me would make our own mini-simulation.

True we are in desperate need for a new EECH. As mentioned though no real life experience the choppers do feel quite real for me. Though military choppers is a lot more easy to fly because of all the AP, hover controls and stabilizers would make them more manageable. It takes tons and tons of training to be proficient with the FS9 choppers I have found.But this will of course never happen unless third party developers like shockingwaveproductions or other figure something out :(