Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

External Strobe Light Timing Needs Tweaking

Hey Rich, what fleet are you on?

Initially the a320 but have been told the plan is to use the 320 as a feeder for the a350 when it is rolled out. Fingers crossed FsLabs release their bus before I finish base training so I can get a little extra practice in.   :lol:

Wow that's amazing, so they hired you with zero hours?? Thought you just started your training in the UK last November?  I have friends on the A3xx fleet in Doha, I pass through quite a lot enroute to Bahrain.

Anyway, good luck! The flying is hard on that fleet,  If you ever want to hook up for a beer send me a PM, you may well do your sim at the GAA in Bahrain.

I have to say it's strange about the hours, my friend was left seat on the ATR, he needed 500 hours on the A320 to get an interview with QR!

Rob Prest

I have to say it's strange about the hours, my friend was left seat on the ATR, he needed 500 hours on the A320 to get an interview with QR!

I, too, heard that the desert fleets want proper mainline jet time... so, I don't know.

Rich, did you get ATPL or multicrew?

Yep, I have always seen it as near impossible from everyone I speak to out here. Only locals can join as cadets, or if you have a huge amount of jet time you can join as a DEC with no hours on type. 

I've been away for two months, maybe things have changed! :) I'm back next Friday, will ask around.

Cheers

Rob Prest

When I mentioned it back in November on Lukes PPL topic I had actually already been in training for some time already but hadn't mentioned it yet and thought that topic would be a good place to let people know.

I don't want to post too much info on a public forum but there is a cadet scheme for all nationalities currently running which should be easy enough to find with a quick Google but if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Hey well when I move out there full time it would be great to take you up on your offer and go for that a beer! 

but there is a cadet scheme for all nationalities currently running

So multicrew then, according to what I found. I thought it might be.

Truth be told I am a bit "on the scales" about the whole thing (as we say). I will have to wait and talk to captains who fly with MPL holders. Personally I would miss the solo flying, but I understand it is an interesting alternative for a guy who ultimately just wants to fly an airliner.

So multicrew then, according to what I found. I thought it might be.

Truth be told I am a bit "on the scales" about the whole thing (as we say). I will have to wait and talk to captains who fly with MPL holders. Personally I would miss the solo flying, but I understand it is an interesting alternative for a guy who ultimately just wants to fly an airliner.

Yeah I have to agree there are a few things which are not yet fully proven with the multi-crew route but having spoken to a few Monarch training captains they seem to think the Multi-crew guys perform very very well when it comes to flying their specific airliner. There are now more and more airlines taking this route (easyJet, Monarch, Qatar, Lufthansa and ANA) to name a few so it is definitely something to watch. I am fortunate enough to already hold a PPL which I have had for a few years now giving me some valuable solo hours.

Rich

Rob, Rich & Peter, you've hijacked this thread, please take your discussion to PM's or start your own thread.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

Rob, Rich & Peter, you've hijacked this thread, please take your discussion to PM's or start your own thread.  Thanks.

Fair enough. Unfortunately, I can not add more to this discussion.

Had a look into this, so it is a P2F scheme. Makes me nervous, however I wish you all the best my friend! :-)

Rob Prest

Had a look into this, so it is a P2F scheme. Makes me nervous, however I wish you all the best my friend! :-)

No its not a P2F scheme its an integrated course with a type rating afterwards  lasting the same time and costing the same as going that route with any other integrated school and paying for a type rating afterwards a la easyJet etc, .However the employment contract is already signed prior to starting training. There is a difference between P2F and integrated/MPL courses, the main one being one is paying to fly the other is paying for training.

Apologies Robert.

My apologies too Robert, back to flashing strobes!

Rob Prest

I'm wondering if the SP1 has any update to strobe light power. In the ground they are fantastic. On the air, looks there's no strobes

Hi guys, 

I was wondering if someone already talked about this on this forum. Nice to see this thread, even if it can appears as useless for some of the 777 users.  I join Robert's point of view regarding the strobes timing. On real 777-200LR and -300ER the tail strobe flashes first and , less than a second later , the wing strobes flash.  

Some videos showing that: 

Beginning and end of this one: 

This one also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOl-kzrTJo#t=91

Regards, 

Just coming back to this post after receiving a PM from another member asking if I had ever heard back from PMDG.  Interesting to read some of the post's that the difference in timing could be 777-200 vs 777-300 or could it be based on customer request.  I will have a closer look when I have a chance.  

\Robert Hamlich/