Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

FPS cycles--CPU cycles?!

Guest Moviedirector20

Hi All,Whenever I am flying I seem to have cycles of high/low frame rates. Example: I am fling the PMDG737, and on average getting about 20 FPS, then it drops to about 9 and gets jerky. After a while maybe 5-10 min it goes back to 20 for about 5-10 min so on. Is this normal or can I do something? ThanksSony PCGGRT1702.8ghz Pentium 41024 meg ramGeforce 4 FX Go5600

Guest Moviedirector20

Thanks Harry,I tried it and it did increase my FPS a bit but it did nothing about the cycle problem.Anyone else? TIA

Guest MarkG

Weather, complex scenery and lots of AI planes are what hit my frame-rate.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Mine does that sometimes as well. I think of it as some kind of indigestion with a damaged file or something. I just shut it down, maybe delete the last thing I downloaded and then start again. Generally it's alright till the next bad download thing I try to use shows up.:-roll

When I get bogged down, I usually hit the TAB button to refresh the scenery. It usually brings my FPS back up to where they were a few minutes before. I expecially use it in cities and large airports.I also tried the video latency program, but I can't see a difference in smoothness or FPS. But I also can't make my computer keep the settings I put into it. :-mad But do try the TAB button, I think it'll help.cheers!

I have wondered for the longest time what causes that. I will be at a major airport and my framrates will be about 8.5, and then I will hit my alt key (just long enough the the scene to freeze and the menu bar to be positioned at the top of the screen), and hit it again to resume, and my framerates will jump up to 12.5 for a few minutes and then drop down again. I usually have to hit it once during the taxi and once when in position on the runway to help make the taxi and take-off smooth. My question is why do the framerates go down, and why is it possible for them to momentarily jump up? I have FS9.5 (the patch) installed, so it should not be a memory leak -- any ideas?RH

Guest Pabra

My observation; cs727 runs smooth but pmdg737 jerky. They both have detailed vc's, but pmdg has more complex gauge systems; fmc, flight displays etc., lots of computing going on. If the pc was to blame they both should be jerky, right? Just a thought...My sys; p4p800se, p4 3ghz, 1gb ram w. nx6800gt. Fs9 on winxp pro.Paul

Guest Kingair315

>After a while maybe 5-10 min it goes back to 20 for about 5-10 min so on.> Is this normal or can I do something? Yes, it is normal.Yes, you can do something... immediately, if as it appears you use Heavy aircraft, try going to the Traffic Menu, and uncheck GA Traffic. This will not only help framerates, but will also reduce the number of aircraft ATC handles, so it is easier for you to communicate.If you have many Addons that you are not flying, transfer all you do not fly to a new folder C:aircraft it was easier for me to create just copy it to the C: drive. Then, delete all addons but PAI. If you dont have http://www.ProjectAI.com aircraft, you can install them, to reduce the frame rate hogs now used. Then, if you wish to fly a different addon, just copy it back. If you dont have 1 gig of memory, and can get it, that will also make a big improvement. 512, is just not ideal for the FS. As I fly only from GA fields, installed GA-Traffic, then unchecked commercial. My framerates jumped to 30 fps and 14fps when landing. Yet, at all commercial fields, I have 15-35 on the tarmac depending on the field or time of day. Setup on the field, turn on your framerates. Move each slider and see what it does. Some which MS moves way down when you click on default, seem to have NO effect on the framerates. Set your weather yourself, it avoids having to acces the site to update weather. If you set it to load once, then keep the same weather, you just fly with it during that day. Weather is checked every 15 minutes, it may be what is slowing your framerates intermittently.