Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Dear Avsim

Guest PaulL01

Not sure what is in AVSIMs coffee but...Early this morning I posted some pics of my many years long in the making Rochester scenery in the screenshot forum and along with only great response it just became locked after I posted a fifth pic, I was scolded by (unnamed) mod that I had exceeded the 125k per pic limit.With no chance to voice a reply I then posted a response here in quotes:"XXX,Sorry, I never gave the 125K rule any thought my bad! Not sure what the exact problem here is though, those shots are hosted on my site and as a whole all together average just 127k each.I'm not sure why you had to lock the thread or what purpose that serves, if you want I'll be happy to just remove all the pics if that

Guest B52Drivr

Paul,Ours is not to wonder why . . . .da, da, da, da . . .you know the rest of the drill.Don't let it bother you . . . we all get our hands slapped occasionally . . . you're not in tune with the 'real' world unless you have been slapped at least once. On another point, I am including me e mail addy in case you get 'banned' so I can fly your wonderful scenery when it is finished. Keep up the fantastic work . . . hey and if you get bored with NY, try Meridian MS . . .hehe.Best and you have won and solid supporter!Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest enave

I similar thing happened to me. I posted 3 pictures of less than 90 k each that I'd taken at an airshow. Someone asked me to post more pics of a certain aircraft so I posted 3 more. They were deleted without explaination.I think someone is on a power trip.

Guest B52Drivr

as the man in the left seat say's . . . 'Roger that!'Clay

Paul,That sounds rather draconian to me. I would be interested to hear the explanation as to why ALL of your posts were removed.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest MikePutnam

Paul and everyone that reads this,If you feel you are not being treated fairly, before posting a public message, send a message to the forum manager (Ken Salter) or to forum@avsim.com. Ken and the rest of the staff would be more then happy to figure what is going on.This message has been noted by Tom and I'll follow up on it to see what happened. Please forward a copy of the message you recieved and your reply to forum@avsim.com and I'll see what I turn up.Mikehttp://www.avsim.com/vaworld/mikep/smallsig.gif

Guest ben_hewitt

4 of your shots were over the limit, two were over 150kb and one was over 130kb. You have been a long poster and should know the rules of the forums by now. :) If we let everybody get away with having posts oversized there would be no point in having rules at all, it was not a hard thing to do to simply resize your shots and repost as you did. Please take into consideration all of our dial up users. :)Please keep posting!, your shots are always great and most welcome!EDIT: Your shots were never deleted until after you reposted your shots as there was no need for double post.

Go easy on him. Paul is a forum newbie, and is only just finding his feet :-lolChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png