Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Thankyou Scott Gridley!!

Guest B1900 Mech

Thank's for the wonderful coastline data! Nantucket Island finaly looks great:-) The file is "ffnev0.8b.zip"

Thanks to you! The comments are much appreciated.1.) Look for v0.9b before the weekend - thanks to Jim Keir, the resolution of this package has just reached a new level! The new version makes .8 look like kindergarten art.2.) I've got landclass (much needed) for the maine coast, particularly the islands around Acadia (Mt. Desert Island).3.) I will do more... Florida keys? Another place badly in need of land that matches USAroads. Then I'll work my way down the east coast, I think. But first I'm going to take my kids to Kauai! be back on the 22nd ready to render!4.) Someplace in mind? Pick up the tutorial! It gives you a cut-and-paste template to start right in and get going making exactly this kind of scenery.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Got to thinking after posting this yesterday - the keys would be a great place. So I used my FREEflow method to render the scenery yesterday, and did a bunch of landclass editing of the dozens of new islands last night (still not complete, but not bad), and uploaded it this morning!Look for FREEflow Florida Keys to appear in the library in a few hours!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest jmarcure

>Thank's for the wonderful coastline data! Nantucket Island>finaly looks great:-) The file is "ffnev0.8b.zip" Yes very nice but I'm having a bit of an issue.I

Guest jmarcure

>Hi All,>>From the ReadMe:>>"*Some islands are submerged or covered with water, and>there's some squares of water intruding on ocean and lake>shorelines - landclass needs to be updated - working on it.">>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpgInteresting, I figured that that meant that the whole island was submerged, not just the interior. I would never have suspected landclass as the cause of what I

Guest Kingair315

<<>> Is it is only the FREE landclss causing this? There have been maybe a dozen or more updates of FSGenesis landclass, since the free one was made. It's cheap, and covers the entire US... Will download this today to see if I have any problems, as I have everything from Justin, including the Real Landclass . . Am currently flying in this area, one of my Nieces and a Sister lives here, so am be interested in this package. Bob

All landclass - default and addons - MAY have tiles that are not defined as land, as the default coastlines are misplaced. As the size of the new england version in particular is quite large, I've released the public beta for exactly this reason - there are spots that I will not find that will be missing landclass. Now, hope island is on my list, this will be addressed in the next release!Bob - I'd be interested in knowing if Justin's free landclass fixed the issue for you - I'm curious to know if there are differences in the FSG landclass and the defaults in the areas my scenery covers.Best,sg

I'd also like to thank you for these enhancmnets. See my post "Two great VFR Scenery areas" - by combining your lakes and coastline scenery with American Data and the payware FSGenesis landclass you get some amazing VFR scenery - I tried it with the Desktop Wings VFR atlas (WAC charts) and it's extremely accurate.Re. the island "outlines". I get that even with the latest FSGenesis landclass. It's not that severe and only affects a small number of islands but it's still a little annoying.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Thanks! Saw your other post...great work, and the plug is much appreciated.Also, I'm very interested in receiving email from anyone who finds a submerged island or coast in a lake in particular, but also bay/ocean landclass problems. While it's relatively easy to systematically follow the ocean coast looking for landclass problems, finding all of the mis-classed islands in the new england scenery is very labor intensive, thus the reasoning for this wide-public beta. If you find one, please don't hesitate to send me a message - your help is much appreciated!Best,sg

Guest RonB49

Thanks Scott. I appreciate your scenery and your tutorial.I hope that you had a nice vacation. R-