Hi all,

I recently just installed a corsair water cooler on my rig that didn't go well. Long story short, I brought it in and the cooler is now working great. The only thing is that they reset my bios and some of my video settings aren't working as they did before.

In my nvidia inspector (I have the gtx770) I have the fsx.exe profile set to settings that I have found on the internet in various fsx forums. The problem is that it's not applying these settings in the sim as it did before. There's no anti alising in the sim now where as before, it was perfect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I'm going to bump this again. Sometimes when I post here on AVSIM, it'll go more than 24 hours without any views, which doesn't make any sense, considering the traffic and activity. Some more details on my system:

Intel 4770K (regular clock for now)

Corsair H110

GTX 770

z-87 Deluxe

running hdmi to HDTV

Thanks again. Any help would be great. The sim isn't the same when its not reading the Nvidia inspector profile. 

I have found that after video driver changes, the nvidia inspector settings can reset..

In particular, the first line in the Antialiasing section (Behavior flags) will go back to some default.

Here are my settings, check every line..

post-100706-0-11533600-1390844054.jpg

Bert

Hi, sorry I dont have the answer but I just installed an Nvidea GTX760 and don't find my anti alising working either. I have to tick it in FSX. I know some settings in Inspector do work - e.g. fps limiter. But how can you tell if the profile for FSX is being used?

I am currently running NVIDEA Inspector 1.9.7.2 GeForce 331.82

Barry Wells

Last time I replaced a graffics card, I had to re install the drivers.  Try that first unless you have, but you didn't say.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

I've reinstalled the latest drivers from NVIDIA and have ensured all my settings in the inspector have been applied, and FSX STILL isn't recognizing the profile. The AA box in the sim isn't the same. Even the graphics and gradations within the sim arent as good without the inspector profile. I really don't know whats going on here.

This might sound daft but, when you reinstalled the drivers, did you delete/remove the flight sim profile from NI and then create a new one.  I read that this must be done (on this forum) for some reason I forget, but I do it everytime I mess with drivers.

Just a thought......

Note to self..........RTFS /\ /\ /\

BTW are a you DX9 or DX10?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Have you tried renaming your FSX.cfg file, enabling FSX to build a new one. Backup the existing cfg file first, of course.

Cheers, Craig.

This might sound daft but, when you reinstalled the drivers, did you delete/remove the flight sim profile from NI and then create a new one.  I read that this must be done (on this forum) for some reason I forget, but I do it everytime I mess with drivers.

Just a thought......

Note to self..........RTFS /\ /\ /\

BTW are a you DX9 or DX10?

I'm in DX9 - I refreshed the profile upon installing new drivers. Is there a root folder that I actually need to delete instead of just refreshing?

Have you tried renaming your FSX.cfg file, enabling FSX to build a new one. Backup the existing cfg file first, of course.

Cheers, Craig.

I haven't tried that either. Will give that a go.

I also just discovered Nick N wrote a new bible and I'm thinking of just starting from scratch with my whole OS and everything to ensure everything is as good as can be. What an in-depth document!

I ran into this problem before. I'm not at home but when I get there I'll check. I'm pretty sure it was some behavior flag that Bert wrote about.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I ran into this problem before. I'm not at home but when I get there I'll check. I'm pretty sure it was some behavior flag that Bert wrote about.

Awesome that'd be a big help. Just trying to figure out if there is some profile file lurking somewhere that needs to be deleted instead of me just refreshing the MS Profile in Inspector. 

I'm in DX9 - I refreshed the profile upon installing new drivers. Is there a root folder that I actually need to delete instead of just refreshing?

No to the root folder.  You have to remove the profile from the..............Lets start again.

NI fresh install or a driver update.

From the drop down list, find MS Flight Simulator X.

Remove the profile.

Create a new profile (and this is were I always get it wrong, if I ain't done it for a while) and add the FSX.exe to the profile.

That should do it.

Other than that, it's beyond me........ sorry.

Best of luck

Shoot...  I'm just posting what Bert did...The two flags you want are None and Override any app setting...

If that's absolutely not working make sure FSX profile is actually selected (select the FSX.exe) "Add application to current profile" little button the top menu bar.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |