Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speedbird 2001

FS9 General Protection Fault DIBENG.DLL

Guest Speedbird 2001

Hi EveryoneI am just one step away from doing something I might regret later to my computer. So please please help me. On almost every flight having fixed up an approach pattern, FS 9 simply crashes and returns to the desktop. Lately, I have been fortunate enough (I didn't ever think I would say this ) to have an illegal operation message, where it says. ' FS9 caused a general protection fault in module DIBENG.DLL at 000a:00002338. ' This may shed some light on what is happening, but I am afraid to say is way beyond my area of expertise. It wouldn't be too bad if I couldn't launch fs9 to begin with, then at least I could do something useful like complete my tax return !! But after a long flight..........and this happens. My set up is. 512 ram, 1Ghz processor, GForce FX57000le, win98, fs9.1, two seperate hard drives fs9 is dedicated to one. Can anyone shed any light on what it is ? or more importantly what I can do to rectify this ?? Many many thanks in anticipation. Tristan.

Guest Speedbird 2001

Thanks RandallI actually saw this article after I made this post and went through the procedure as instructed. The net result was I lost all my drivers. I have re:installed 66:94 drivers from the Nvidia site. I suppose the question is are 66.94 drivers the best for my fx5700le. Bearing in mind that I am running windows 98. Can anyone recommend whether i am doing the right thing ? Tristan

Guest Speedbird 2001

No I haven't and that is the strange thing. I have just updated new 66.94 drivers and the system still isn't working properly. When booting up fs9, the bit where you get revolving aircraft. No aircraft appear there at all. It is just a blank screen. Further more going into full screen mode Alt+ Return. THe aircraft again disappears in black nothingness. I am sure it is a driver problem. The 66.94's don't seem to be working. Anymore ideas anyone ? I am totally stumped andconfused Tristan.