Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

FS9! Don't be skeptical, JUST TRY IT

Guest A321

Why dont you just leave FS-GS alone. I mean why bother even arguing about it. If it aint for you, ot aint for you. I think 60 whatevers is too much, id rather have a new addon and play with sliders down.But in the end of the day if it was $10 a pop, i bet there wouldnt be so much fuss about it.One thing I will say, though is I agree with the argument about tight liped customers, agreed not all tweaks work of everyones system, but id best most will, and what of the changes to the sim that are made. come on FS-GS useres dont hold out....Spill the beans if your not under an NDA.Jason

"You have an opportunity to get all the answers you requested in the above post by talking to Michael at FSGS."Kind of defeats the purpose of a forum where people seek answers from their peers--this is not an "all of a sudden" change in the purpose of this forum. Personally, given my profession I don't feel Michael can do anything for me and I wouldn't waste his time or mine. But you are wrong about the difference between recommending software and services. I'm not going to tell a friend to go listen to Joe Blow at John's Auto Repair when they asked what my experience was. I will give them the details of what was wrong with my car, how the servide process went, whether I was given the runaround or a fair evaluation of my problem, and what improvements were made after the fix. Listen--no one is asking for Michael's secrets--but I think someone would be a fool to spend time with a stranger, letting them poke around their system, without a solid customer review.If you don't feel that's the purpose of this forum, perhaps you should browse threads elsewhere, cause personally I am offended by your style (and John's) and your remarks.-John

Guest bigun

Greg, although I said I would not post in this thread again, I have to back up on that. You are exactly the type of person I am referring to in my post. You take things out of context to meet your own agenda and apparently have a trully poor grasp of the English language. This is demonstrated by the way you take a statement and come up with a conclusion that doesn't remotely match the intent of the statement. Sad to say but I used to post very often in this forum but that has been reduced to near nil over the last few months. That is mainly due to posters such as yourself that seem to simply "get off" on being as negative as possible in a thread. With that, I promise, no more responses by me.

Guest bigun

Greg, although I said I would not post in this thread again, I have to back up on that. You are exactly the type of person I am referring to in my post. You take things out of context to meet your own agenda and apparently have a trully poor grasp of the English language. This is demonstrated by the way you take a statement and come up with a conclusion that doesn't remotely match the intent of the statement. Sad to say but I used to post very often in this forum but that has been reduced to near nil over the last few months. That is mainly due to posters such as yourself that seem to simply "get off" on being as negative as possible in a thread. With that, I promise, no more responses by me.

Guest SoarPics

Well, George, too bad you feel that I'm "being negative" (from your post #62) when all I've really done is quote you.And since you plan on leaving us, I'll quote you one final time... "I could personally care less" (from your post #42).I'm done with this now. Don't want to be branded as "negative" simply because I want more objective info before moving toward the service.Greg

Nobody is forcing you guys to use FS-GS ... it's not illegal, nor is it a sin! :(It sounds like a good idea .. I wish I had thought of it :-lol

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi,QuoteIf you don't feel that's the purpose of this forum, perhaps you should browse threads elsewhere, cause personally I am offended by your style (and John's) and your remarks. End QuoteSharing information is what this fourm is all about. However, when you ask someone a question and they cannot or will not give you an answer for whatever reason and you have an opportunity to get the information you requested by going to the source, then I fail to see the problem.I've been a member of AVSIM for many years and I have no intention of leaving. If you are offended by my "style" then I'm sorry, but I am intitled to my opinion just like everyone else.mike

The title of this thread was "FS9! Don't be skeptical, JUST TRY IT"Guess what...forum members were duped or "forced" into reading a thread about FS-GS. It is a great idea, but overzealous fans are ruining it and either aren't allowed or are too smug to offer a fair review. I am not anti fs-gs. But I don't believe it should be promoted by deception or insult. I believe MG when he says this isn't his doing--I think the motivation for this thread was someone just shooting for their fifteen minutes.Some members have praised his service and while that haven't answered all questions people have asked, they haven't given flippant "just try it" responses or opened deceptive threads.

"Sharing information is what this fourm is all about. However, when you ask someone a question and they cannot or will not give you an answer for whatever reason and you have an opportunity to get the information you requested by going to the source, then I fail to see the problem."The problem isn't with fs-gs. It's with users coming in and dangling little teasers, or carrots with no substance. It sounds like we agree on the forum's purpose, but not on the way this thread was drawn and the conduct of the person who opened it. Let's agree to disagree at this point.Regards,John

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi,I can agree that we disagree and I can assure you I meant no disrespect.Mike

Guest danowat

"come on FS-GS useres dont hold out....Spill the beans if your not under an NDA.!"But thats just it, there is NOTHING to spill the beans about, no new technique, no new tweaks, nothing that no self-respecting tweaker doesnt already know about.Dan.

>"come on FS-GS useres dont hold out....Spill the beans if>your not under an NDA.!">>But thats just it, there is NOTHING to spill the beans about,>no new technique, no new tweaks, nothing that no>self-respecting tweaker doesnt already know about.>>Dan.>I still won't tell you anything about it:-hah

Well, it's based around setting your OS manage better the resources and generally restoring FS9 to the original HIGH settings. As I wrote - don't expect miracles, quite handy for an average busy simmer who would like to learn fast some tweaking tricks, but there is NOTHING striking you would't find here in the annals of this forum. Would I have bought it for the second time after I learnt it what it was - yes I would, but I warn you I'm not reasonable in my spendings. Are there shortcomings: oh yes there are, coz you don't get any written tutorial except for a list of regular WinXp services that can be turned off. Instead you set your system under his dictation. Is there any personal influence in it? - yes, definately Michael has some charisma of confidence in himself and in what he is doing with your system. Also I must say I know some guys even here in this thread whom I would not recommend to buy this service because I know they wouldn't learn anything new judging by their past posts on tweaking and settings of OS and FS9.I hope I have not disclosed any propriotarly information on this service.

I must also admit that I found that "DIAL-O-MATIC food slicer at no extra charge" reference quite appropriate to the way this thread started.

Guest Piper22

My goodness...here's a thought Johnci, get over it already. Bro you take this stuff WAY to seriously. The guy was just suggesting a service that might help someone. Duping or FORCING someone to read a thread? wow I thought I heard it all till now. 20 posts ago you said you were "nuff said" and out of this. I was dissapointed to see that wasn't true.-p