Sign in to follow this  
stevefromio

The best of the best FSX aircraft?

I love the fact that very few people could narrow their list down to just one.  Means that we should all be pretty happy as simmers with all the choices we have. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Any A2A with Accusim.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

As do many folks,  I dearly love the obvious candidates - PMDG NGX, 777, MD-11 and J41.  Majestic Dash 8, RealAir Duke, Legacy.  A2A C172 and Cub etc.

BUT... if you restricted me to just one, as stated above, for sheer originality, quirkiness, the ability to do things differently and downright fun, I would stick with the vastly underrated Sibwings AN - 2.  (Their Birddog isn't too shabby either).

Whatever floats your boat !

Interesting how things change a bit when the question changes to "what one plane wouldn't you want to live without".

As a GA pilot, my current answer is emphatically the RealAir B60 Duke v2.  But as others have done, I'll say "please let me have two", in which case I'd add my old standby the Carenado 337 Skymaster.  Both with RXP, of course!

Scott

oRealair Duke Trubine V2... realistic flight dynamics and you must watch gauges. Easy to crash/over-stress at first. Great performance.

oA2A C182T... great subtley, animations, maintanence program and flight dynamics. Watch the plane shift as you fill one wing with gas or list to one side if you have an unequal passenger load. Wear and tear accumulates and depends on how well you fly it!

o Aerosoft - Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4 X don't have this one but look similiar to A2A in that you have to maintain the plane. Two seater stick. Flight dynamics are reported to be good.

Just Flight Constellation is still fun but does not compare to the above in realism and complexity. Lots of things in the cockpit are non-functional and you really do not have to watch gauges and fly well... once you get the hang of it.

None of my Carenado planes compare to the above. Though they are older and maybe Carenado have better planes now.

MAAM B-25 has a great feel and is a great fly.  It is a little harder to setup however.

cmitch

Interesting a little over a year since the OP, I am sure some choices may have changed since then. 

I would agree with Cmitch....right now A2A C182T and RealAir T Duke V2 are the top of my list too.  Since reinstalling FS after a hardware crash forced a system restore, I have just installed these two planes, RealAir Citabria and a few A2A warbirds.  

I have commited to GTN, so I will install other A2A, RealAir addons as they become GTN capable.  As much fun GTNing is, sometimes just gotta get in one of those tail draggin muscle machines...no autopilot, magenta line...just pure stick n rudder joy.

I'll tell you one plane that has stood strong through the test of time tho is the RealAir Citabria, still one of my favorites just to hop in and shoot some touch n goes.

Cheers

TJ

I vote for...  Concorde-X!  :BigGrin:

I don't think that there is any other airliner as complex as Concorde-X for FSX. (Oh, I almost forgot: and no other as fast! :wink: )

Carenado F33 Bonanza with GTN 650 and RXP FLT/N gauges in the panel

:rolleyes:

Bert