Sign in to follow this  
Gruffalo

Vref and stall speed for final approach

I have been using a few planes with IF and so far I am not able to fly a fully realistic final approach. I calculate a realistic vref as 1.3 x stall speed. I work out the stall speed by stalling the actual aircraft. I'm using the a340 atm and the vref with my current weight setting, which is below MLW, should be 154. However it won't descend with a slightly positive pitch up angle. I would have to have a slightly nose down pitch, which is not how the airliners fly perform their final approach. Are you working on more accurate physics in this area?

Also, do you have plans to upgrade what we can monitor in the virtual cockpit ie. attitude indicator? I understand that there are limits on a tablet that might be challenging to see verticle speed and nav aids, but I would find the Attitude indicator a great upgrade and maybe the other figures ie. vs running just running at the top of the screen as they are.

This isn't a complaint, just something I would like to see improve. I love the way this app is developing and as I don't have the means to set up a working pc with FSX, I would love to see these areas improve.

Many thanks.

Gruff

Also, will you be able to get more accurate distance indications to the beginning of the run way?

Hi,

We're aware that the pitch attitude on most planes is slightly off in some situations. We've actually fixed this problem in our upcoming update on the most recent planes (767, 757, 777 and the reworked 737).

The 737 will have our most accurate flight model yet, it should be within close range of the actual numbers for N1, Speed and Pitch based on the weight. The main issue with this is finding the data points do base the model from. We've found a good site about the 737 and that helped us a lot with the tuning.

As to the virtual cockpit instruments, we're working on the internals to support this in a future update. You are correct that running on a tablet is a challenge but we'll get this working, especially because I want that to work as well ;)

I'm not sure what you mean with your last question.

Matt