Sign in to follow this  
cubs

47" monitor, too big for FSX?

Cashed up lol, sell them all and buy a cessna mustang

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I do own a j3 Cub, Waco UPF-7, citabria, c-172, c-182, and a c-180

Yes, but do you have a PPL?  :D :D :D

Sorry.

Which one gives you the most pleasure?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

a 52 inch with 1920x1080 resolution has a PPI of 42

a 20 inch with 1920x1200 resolution has a PPI of 113

a 30 inch with 2560x1600 resolution has a PPI of 100

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sorry to drag this back up - I just purchased another 47" TV  (3D), same resolution 60hz refresh etc.  This monitor causes stutters.  Now my understanding is the monitor should make zero difference to performance in the sim.

If I plug my other 47" screen I see no stutters, both screens display FPS at Dubai/PMDG 777, 30FPS 

Any clue? Does the new TV require a special driver?  Have never seen this issue before.

One last thing, if I go to full screen on the new screen using VGA it turns black with a corrupt desktop, HDMI works but with stutters.

Both screen native res 1920x1080

Cheers

Rob Prest

I'm using a 40" Proscan LCD HDTV that is fantastic at a distance of 32". The only problem is that the Track IR is now above my head level and doesn't work as well as it did when it was mounted lower on on a 24" monitor. Has anyone come up with a good solution? I'm using the basic TrackClip on a baseball cap. Would the PRO TrackClip work better?

I just switched from three 27" monitors to a single 42" TV last weekend, and love it!  I was tired of the distortion on the side monitors using the three monitor setup.  Best of all, I picked up a Sceptre 42" 60Hz 1080p TV at the local TigerDirect store for only $280.  I sit about 36" from the screen, and although the image appears slightly pixelated, it's quite acceptable.  To me, the immersion factor is actually higher with a single large monitor, than it was with the three monitor setup.  One thing that helped the pixelation was to set the TV's sharpness to minimum.  I'm currently using an HDMI connection (I haven't tried a VGA connection, although it's available on this TV).

Once the Ultra HD TV's come down in price, I'll switch to one of those - the pictures on those look incredible!

Cheers,

Gerald

I'm using a 40" Proscan LCD HDTV that is fantastic at a distance of 32". The only problem is that the Track IR is now above my head level and doesn't work as well as it did when it was mounted lower on on a 24" monitor. Has anyone come up with a good solution? I'm using the basic TrackClip on a baseball cap. Would the PRO TrackClip work better?

Get rid of the trackIR, all but the camera. Build a 3 point led system and use freetrack or facetrack noir software instead with the TrackIR camera. It takes a bit of work and configuring, but I have my camera on the desk below my monitor and it tracks great. TrackIR is poorly built garbage IMO.