Sign in to follow this  
stevefromio

FSX and DCS-World!

I was wondering how many FSX users play DCS-World, or another combat simulator like IL-2? The flight models are realistic (as realistic as FSX I think), and you get to blow-up things :-)

(as realistic as FSX I think)

No mate, flight models in those sims you mentioned are better by far than in FSX. Ok, not maybe by far in IL-2, but DCS-World eats FSX's FDE for breakfast.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

No mate, flight models in those sims you mentioned are better by far than in FSX. Ok, not maybe by far in IL-2, but DCS-World eats FSX's FDE for breakfast.

Really? I didn't know that. In what way?

I've tried DCS World demo for a few days, and it was really a big step further in terms of flight dynamics and generally the physics. Download it and try it yourself. :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

In every single way you can imagine.

Watch this video: 

That guy with ponytail is mastermind of DCS FDE.

DCS FDE is in a class of its own, but they have to work on other aspects of simulation (scenery, atc...)

I mess with DCS a bit here and there, and I own almost all of the various modules. I picked it up solely due to its reputation of having a better FDE for helicopters. However correct that may be, there is most defintely a difference between a perfect simulation of a flight model, and having a smulation one can actually enjoy... A few hours in the DCS Huey leaves me with sore arms, sore legs, and a slight headache. To be honest, although it may be accurate enough, after a certain point the challange ceases to be fun (for me), and starts to resemble work.

Not knocking the quality of the sim, just stating that it may not be everyone's cup o' tea!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

DCS and the flying the hog quickly became my number one sim and I became proficient in all levels of attack with it however my set up is a short throw projector in a recliner chair and there was absolutely no way I could comfortably use Track IR with the projector screen and you cant combat successfully without so I went back to FSX

Yes the flight dynamics are sharp and one things for sure DCS is cheap! very few add ons!

ZORAN

I mess with DCS a bit here and there, and I own almost all of the various modules. I picked it up solely due to its reputation of having a better FDE for helicopters. However correct that may be, there is most defintely a difference between a perfect simulation of a flight model, and having a smulation one can actually enjoy... A few hours in the DCS Huey leaves me with sore arms, sore legs, and a slight headache. To be honest, although it may be accurate enough, after a certain point the challange ceases to be fun (for me), and starts to resemble work.

Not knocking the quality of the sim, just stating that it may not be everyone's cup o' tea!

I still remember the morning after my first real helicopter flight my entire body felt like I had been in a car wreck. Then I learned that I didn't need to strain every muscle in my body to make the helicopter do what I wanted it to do and when I wanted.

Keith Guillory

i have belsimtek uh-1 huey and it is simply amazing!

i am looking forward a fast mover multirole to be released like f-18

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Sure do! DCS World is amazing, especially the Mi-8 & UH-1.

Something thats overlooked is the whether engine, you've got the volumetric fog & clouds, very nice weather effects in rain & snow, pitch black nights etc...& soon Nevada map.

Flight simulator is looking more disappointing every day ;-(

I'm thinking that you're referring to FSX there; although DCS has it's strengths in specific areas, it's still just purely a military simulator.  The focus is completely different.  DCS does what it sets out to do quite well, but it does not offer the breadth or choice that a full world simulator such as FS9, FSX, or Xplane offers.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.