Sign in to follow this  
stevefromio

I am not spending $10k on Scenery

Come on guys, I want realistic global scenery. It is the one things that separates FSX from X-Plane and others. I am starting to look at scenery packages, and they cover very little for a lot of money. What are the best options for someone who is using FSX mainly for geography, and doesn't want to spend $10k+ for all these scenery packages?

There are a lot of things that seperate FSX from Xplane10 like Seasonal textures, Realworld weather, ATC, Ai, Airport buildings ect.

What type of scenery are you looking for, I don't understand where you get $10k+ from, $3k should just about cover it

There are a lot of things that seperate FSX from Xplane10 like Seasonal textures, Realworld weather, ATC, Ai, Airport buildings ect.

What type of scenery are you looking for, I don't understand where you get $10k+ from, $3k should just about cover it

Thanks for you help mad dog,

Um, $3k is a lot too. There are so many options. You have meshes like FSGenesis, texture replacements, individual cities, airports, etc., etc. I don't know where to begin.

As for what I am looking for? The World, as accurate as possible.

Thanks, but I don't wan't something downloading from a service. It would be OK if TileProxy simply downloaded everything, but I don't think it does that.

The world is too expensive ... and it doesn't quite fit into your harddisk   B)

Freeware photoscenery, covering large areas, is available by Blue Sky Scenery. But it's limited to certain regions in the U.S.A.

The world is too expensive ... and it doesn't quite fit into your harddisk   B)

Freeware photoscenery, covering large areas, is available by Blue Sky Scenery. But it's limited to certain regions in the U.S.A.

There must be other options?

Sorry, but there is no quick fix. ORBX FTX Global + a global mesh package (Pilot's or FSGenesis) + Landclass (SceneryTech or Cloud9) is the best solution. Sadly far from perfect, but not many developers in the global scenery business, and the only alternative is UTX + GEX which hasn't got global coverage.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sorry, but there is no quick fix. ORBX FTX Global + a global mesh package (Pilot's or FSGenesis) + Landclass (SceneryTech or Cloud9) is the best solution. Sadly far from perfect, but not many developers in the global scenery business, and the only alternative is UTX + GEX which hasn't got global coverage.

Not to sail against the tide but if you don't want to spend hundreds of bucks X-Plane is exactly the best choice. I got a huge detailed photoscenery and meshes for free. And with a believable autogen on top and with a far better flying feeling. Now I'd be ready to spend money on detailed airports but this is where XP is lacking at the moment. 

Not to sail against the tide but if you don't want to spend hundreds of bucks X-Plane is exactly the best choice. I got a huge detailed photoscenery and meshes for free. And with a believable autogen on top and with a far better flying feeling. Now I'd be ready to spend money on detailed airports but this is where XP is lacking at the moment. 

I thought the scenery was fake (auto-generated) in X-Plane, not photo scenery? I must say before I make another purchase, that I am thinking about X-Plane, but it lacks so much.

That seems awfully expensive and inconvenient.

I thought the scenery was fake (auto-generated) in X-Plane, not photo scenery? I must say before I make another purchase, that I am thinking about X-Plane, but it lacks so much.

That seems awfully expensive and inconvenient.

The scenery is fake but you can download photoreal (be prepared to large HD space) and real autogen made on OSM data. Of course some places are better than others like Europe and US. Flying outside can be disappointing compared to those areas.

But if you're mainly in ATC and AI environment at the moment is a no go option even though I'm sure it will get better because of the many request and complains.

FSX is an expensive hobby for what you are asking for.

You can create your own Photo scenery for free using FS Earth Tiles. I am almost done with the entire USA.

FSX is an expensive hobby for what you are asking for.

You can create your own Photo scenery for free using FS Earth Tiles. I am almost done with the entire USA.

Sadly, you can't download it anymore. Why wouldn't this be more popular? Why doesn't anyone want photorealistic scenery?

Why would anyone put so much money in FSX? For that price, I would expect a much more realistic simulator.

Come on guys, I want realistic global scenery. It is the one things that separates FSX from X-Plane and others. I am starting to look at scenery packages, and they cover very little for a lot of money. What are the best options for someone who is using FSX mainly for geography, and doesn't want to spend $10k+ for all these scenery packages?

Ummm... OK...