Sign in to follow this  
Scott58

Repaint request!

Airplaneguru84

If you could slip in an USAir Express livery I would be great-full.

The red, white and blue version.

Russ

This livery?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USAir-Express-(Air/Raytheon-1900D/1294148/&sid=bb512476163c7868b31e0d32325bf134

I will give it a shot. The front US air logo makes me nervous as the texture mapping in the area is pretty interesting, I'm afraid it might be all warped. Let me take a look at it.

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

Airplaneguru84

Yes that livery. Only thing I would ask is an N number from one in Florida.

N110YV would be OK.

I flew stuffed in the back all over Florida on business.

Thanks.

You may have to warp/skew the logo to get it to display correctly.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Well Russ,

I hate to be a downer, but I'm going to have to pass on this one - My skills just aren't there. Let me explain.

You can see in the first screenshot what the texture looks like in photoshop. Smooth equal blue and red painted sections:

ps_zpsfa61f5c1.jpg

However - The texture mapping in this area is super quirky. Check it out how it actually translates into the sim:

2014-2-9_16-25-7-608_zpsaac80fab.png

You can see the dips and waves (especially in the blue by the window) in the lines.They seem to have no rhyme or reason. I could spend hours trying to get this right (I've tried it before) but I would pull my hair out! :wacko:  Maybe someone with more experience could fix something like this - but it's more than I know at the moment.

Sorry to disappoint, but I hope you understand.

My Lord, He's at it again! Does this guy think I can only upload active current liveries or else it's fictitious? The same guy actually emailed me again! I guess he didn't like my Mesa repaint either..... Shoo fly, don't bother me.

Aberta Baldwin  abertabaldwin@yahoo.com
4:05 PM (51 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
This is about the 3rd one you,ve did that was wrong. Write ficticious reg# in your uploaded docx to avsim so we know about it right off the bat and can bypass it. You got us wasting time looking things up. We,ll take any 1900D that is accurately active with any active, current airline , as long as its halfway right.. The wrong registration on any plane is all the way wrong. I have know idea where your coming up with all these faulti reg#s  and dont even care. Gest be considerate of everyone and state a simple ficticious registration number in the uploaded docx so we can resume business with out delay./please !!!!!!!

Also, The Delta livery has been uploaded to the Library, should be online soon. - I hope he emails me about that one too - especially since Delta stopped flying them in 2008.  <_< The next one I do I'll have to put a shout out to him in the readme  :biggrin:

Airplaneguru84

Thanks for trying.

It looks as if the Pen tool would have to be used.

Can't believe the comments you received. Makes you want to hang up the paint brushes.

Russ

Airplaneguru84

Thanks so much for looking at it.  It is rather busy for sure.  There are a lot of real air line paint guys want so I understand. This may force me into getting photo shop for dummies and try to to start with an easy paint.  Thanks again.

Airplaneguru84

Thanks for trying.

It looks as if the Pen tool would have to be used.

Can't believe the comments you received. Makes you want to hang up the paint brushes.

Russ

Russ,

After playing around with it some more, dont count me out yet - I'm making some progress.

wow thats the same that email me and complaining about an extra G on the file description...

==========

Great Lakes Express Ready to download...

Alex, Looking good! I've been so focused on repaints lately, I haven't been flying Great Lake Express in a couple of weeks - gotta keep my hours up!  :lol:

Looks good! Cant wait!

Delta is just about done. Fun repaint to do! I just have some things to adjust and touch up - and I should be uploading it tomorrow afternoon.

2014-2-8_22-9-53-456_zps50cbe335.png

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Just a quick update - working on USAir Express. I'm hanging the hat up for the night, this is were it stands. This one will take me a little longer as I'm using some new (too me) tools in photoshop that should make life easier in the long run, but is taking me awhile to adjust too. (thanks rsgunner!).

2014-2-10_21-34-25-292_zps5c4278bc.png

Matt

USAir Express looks great. Thank you.

I am sure that blue/gray USAir would look good also.

Russ

Thanks Russ,

I did make a few mistakes trying to push USairways out. The biggest being forgetting the red strip on the rudder trim tab - Oops. Hopefully that teaches me to slow down before uploading.

Midwest Connect us up next. Lovely Livery. It will be interesting to get the large "Midwest Connect" logo on the rear fuselage.

2014-2-16_12-57-55-715_zps0572dc65.png

Could someone try a Northwest Airlink fictional livery?  They had the Saab 340,, but not he 1900.  However, my VA has authorized us to use this great aircraft in place of the Saab 340, especially since there isn't a payware one available for FSX.  I have attached this link for the old Saab 340 livery.  

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-Airlink-(Mesaba/Saab-340B-Plus/2297044/&sid=54743acc689f61a8ab91e48aed37be4d

Greg Goodavish

... especially since there isn't a payware one available for FSX.  I have attached this link for the old Saab 340 livery.  

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-Airlink-(Mesaba/Saab-340B-Plus/2297044/&sid=54743acc689f61a8ab91e48aed37be4d

Greg, Have you heard that Razbam is working on a 340?! They have a few pictures of it on their facebook page. It's in the early development stages - but I'm pretty excited about it - especially if it is anything like their metroliner.