Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Screen Shots

Guest grevensher

Can anyone tell me how to take screen shots in FS9? I've tried the print screen button, but it does not work. Is there a special program I need?

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=11768PrintScreen, in and of itself, will copy the screen to the clipboard -you then need to paste that into some paint program. The FSScreen utility automatically saves the clipboard as a bmp.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

The easiest means is to press print screen, past into Paint, save as a .jpg, and you're done.However, I found when playing with some tweaks early on in FS2004's release, that with some video cards and some drivers, "forcing" AA causes the print screen key to only function in windowed mode. If you can't do a printscreen in full screen mode, try switching FS2004 to windowed mode and try again. If it does work, you could consider a driver upgrade, followed by turning off "forced" AA if it is indeed turned on if the driver upgrade fails to help.-John

Guest ThrottleUp

Dont forget to crank up all the sliders to maximum for your screenshots - even if you get 1FPS!.....u are taking still shots and the more detail the prettier they look hee hee....thats if you wanna show off your pics in screenshot forums and such!:)

Nevin's suggestion is especially true for virtual cockpit shots. For those, I like to max my res in MSFS then crop to 800x600 to meet Avsim's size limit. If I plan my shot, most of the area outside of where I've cropped is scenery or sky, allowing for good detail in the VC.For scenery and spot view shots it doesn't matter quite as much, but I've been known to really crank up the AA for spot view shots of my favorite aircraft and I'll do the same with aniso for shots of mountain scenery.-John