Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan88

FSX Permanently Freezes with PMDG 777

Hello,

I also had FSX freeze, this occurred 10 min after takeoff (could only use the task manager).

i bought the 777 yesterday, and this problem never occured when flying the ngx.

the only thing i did was installing the 777 the rest has stayed the same.

rex essential overdrive (weather)

rex 4 texture direct

my traffic x 5.4c (traffic set to 40%)

i hope that this could be fixed, because the 777 is really amazing.

any suggestions?

Hi here's a suggestion If you got RAAS unlocked edition delete it because it has a bug or it's causeing freeze or pause problems with 777's and other aircraft. I found it out with my md11 never freezes or pauses on my FSX when I installed the unlocked edition RAAS my md11 paused for 5min before TC at 320. I uninstalled RAAS start up my FSX flown my md11 from A to B no pause at all. Even pmdg's 777 never paused or freeze. It might pause for a sec depends on AI traffic or day turning to dusk or as the manual says visual memory. The PMDG's technical team are looking deep into the problem hope to be a fix I hope you all enjoy flying the 777 it's a really a good aircraft and a excellent model.

my traffic x 5.4c (traffic set to 40%)

Use the 2012 schedules. There is a patch for ntdll ctd @ MTX forum, but most still experience this crash. Select the 2012 timetable in the MTX communicator and try again.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I've added [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14  to FSX.CFG file and that seems to have stopped the freezes for me. I'm still trialling it at the minute, but so far I've done two full flights - FACT - SBGL & SBGL - OTBD without any freezes. I'm still waiting for the freeze to happen with having so many in the past, but so far so good.

Use the 2012 schedules. There is a patch for ntdll ctd @ MTX forum, but most still experience this crash. Select the 2012 timetable in the MTX communicator and try again.

Ok thanks i will try that, i wil post the outcome.

I made a new flight with the 2010 timetable MTX traffic set to 39% and only once the simulator freezed up for about 10 sec and after that no problems anymore.

I hope that this was the solution for me.

I must say the 777 flies awesome.

Thank you for helping me.

Thank you for helping me.

No problem Wilem. For even better performance set MTX @ 30%. ThIs an explanation why.

read post #90 from Jim.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/431688-multiple-ctds-stackhash-ntdlldll-sim1dll/page-4

I would bookmark that thread for reference, it has info for freezes and lockups etc.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

No problem Wilem. For even better performance set MTX @ 30%. ThIs an explanation why.

read post #90 from Jim.

I set the traffic at 30% and made a new flight! all went Well, no problems what so ever.

I thank you again for all the help, now i can enjoy the 777

I thank you again for all the help, now i can enjoy the 777

Yes, have fun, it is a great bird.