Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Looking for a short route to fly with a big plane

I have flow a lot of planes in FS9 and up until now the biggest plane I flown is the 757 but now I want to fly something bigger. I don't like to fly long haul so I am looking for a real world route that I can fly in the sim that is about 3 to 3 and a half hours long that is flown with something bigger than a 757. Got any suggestions?

Sorry about the multiple posts I don't know what happened

Avianca used to have various shorthaul routes from SKBO in the A332, such as KMIA, SPIM (these two are right for your time frame), SVMI and even SKCL and SKRG.

Emirates and Singapore should have also some short haul routes from their hubs. They have nothing smaller than an A332. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

First thing that comes to mind is ANZ135/136- it's three hours each way between Brisbane and Auckland. The flight is normally operated by either a 777-200ER or a 77W, and occasionally they'll send a 744 or 767. 

Another one I just came up with is Seattle to Los Angeles- that takes about 2h40m. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Try anything with ANA/JAL/Cathay Pacific/Singapore Airlines that's intra-South East Asia. You'll find loads of 747/777 lines under 3 hours..

eg. WSSS-WADD, 2h30m operated by an SQ 772.

Aamir Thacker

I've just done Lufthansa Cargo DLH8399 from Beijing to Incheon in the MD11F, which is a RW route. About 90 minutes. Was going to go in a 73, but saw that flight come up and the MD trumps a 73bus any day.

Mike

Thai airways fly 777 ,747 between Chiang Mai (VTCC) and Bangkok (VTBS) daily..Flight time is 1:10....They also fly the same palnes from Bangkok to Phuket which is under 2 hours.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, some real good suggestions! I just thought of something else I could fly. I could download the Posky Air Force 1 model and fly that. That plane flies short routes all the time!

I've been on 777 and 747 flights from Tokyo to Taipei. Japan Airlines and All Nippon have also both flown long-haul jets on short domestic routes like Tokyo to Osaka, for instance.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Qantas 767 and 747 ... Sydney to Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Canberra and Melbourne and any combination thereof.