Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

Aer Lingus' First 757 Has Arrived

EI-LBR is the first of 3 ex Finnair's Boeing 757's delivered to Air Copntractors, to be painted in the EI colours. I sincerely hope that they finish painting the fuselage and not leave it in this state. Look at the cut of it!

This particular plane will begin on the EINN-KBOS route. Can't wait to go see this one down at Shannon!

1618509_10202806583866296_929990035_n.jpg

Credits: Paul Brannon

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Nice to see those 757's still finding a new home, I just love 757's for their powerful takeoffs. So far I've only managed to fly on Finnair's PW powered 757's (which sadly just got retired), I hope to catch RR one some day. 

Holy ****.

Time to get the CS out of retirement.Are we really "going Boeing" again?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Nice to see those 757's still finding a new home, I just love 757's for their powerful takeoffs. So far I've only managed to fly on Finnair's PW powered 757's (which sadly just got retired), I hope to catch RR one some day.

Whoops! Big mistake. I said Air Finland instead of Finnair. These are all of Finnair's retired 757's.

I'm heading to America at the end of the year, hopefully I'll get on one of these.

I've only been on a 757 once before, one of Titan Airways'. I much prefer the RB211's to the PW200's. But hey! The 757 is still my favorite plane ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Whoops! Big mistake. I said Air Finland instead of Finnair. These are all of Finnair's retired 757's.

Ah I see, didn't pay enough attention to the engine type on the pic. Quickly looking from airfleets it seems like Air Finland's 757's are actually now flying for Safi Airways (Afghanistan), Fedex and Mega global air (Maldives). 

I'm quite sure I've been on OH-LBR at least once, beautiful airplanes they are. 

My inner ear loves the 757.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I sincerely hope that they finish painting the fuselage and not leave it in this state. Look at the cut of it!

Unfortunate this is what they do with these type of leases. If you recall Westjet's 757 was similar as it was white with a basic logo and tail design.

When the lease is terminated they have to return them white again so this is why they just do a basic design.

Another famous 757 was the Iron Maiden one....same with that lease agreement as they returned it white as well when the lease was done.

Matthew Kane

The 757 looks sexy no matter what color it is though

Aha! Now this is what I was looking for. This is the second 757, I think the registration is EI-LBS.

IMG_403025082224378.jpeg

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Looks like a trip to YYZ is on the cards in the near future. Can't pass up the chance to fly on a 757 in EI colours.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Mmm nice to see the LBS too, it carried me over Atlantic to Cuba through Halifax two years ago. Longest 757 flight I ever did, around 12 to 14 hours total with refuel.