Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Introducing World2XPlane...

here some shots above LOWI (an excellent Lowi scenery installed + G2XPL satelite pics with HDMeshv2).... surrounding again with World2Xplane...

AW139_3.jpg  AW139_5.jpg

AW139_6.jpg  AW139_7.jpg

AW139_8.jpg

• Upvote 4

here some shots above LOWI (an excellent Lowi scenery installed + G2XPL satelite pics with HDMeshv2).... surrounding again with World2Xplane...

Don't have words to describe it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Innsbruck is great for helilovers. Also recommend grabbing Innsbruck Hospital from the .org, so you can land on the hospital roof :-)

guys guys guys.... fasten your seatbelt, it's going to be fast!!!! :-)

ATTENTION THOUGH: IT IS NOT YET ONLINE, and will be when it's finished... when? When it's finished! :-)

New GUI...

First Tab... here i'm gonna render NL (netherlands, EU)

image.jpg

2nd tab... new: you now can chose your config.xml file... if you have any other configs around, it's nice :-)

PLOY file... will help to now join the countries on the proper way. It SEEMS like the rough cuts are gone now on limits between rendered countries.

image.jpg

So, let's start rendering, time stamp 22:50
image.jpg

crazy, after (22:58) not even 8 minutes all 5 passes done so far... that was way slower before!

And here, stunning stuff too. First tab again, teh Tiles are shown. It's going live! Red: not started, blue started, green done...

image.jpg

and once a tile is done, the part of the country shines thrue... ok useless, but HEY, IT'S BEAUTIFUL! :-)
image.jpg

And below, finished for NL.
image.jpg

image.jpg

THe version before took me NL over 2 hours rendering. Now? (23:15)
image.jpg

25 MINUTES!!!

in the meantime I chatted around with tony, ...

So, then Belgium.....(23:43)
image.jpg
CRAZY, the 5 passes in less then 2 minutes!!!!

This time, I setup 6 cores... so he gets 6 tiles at once!
image.jpg
fast and surely....
image.jpg
FINISHED!!!!!!!
image.jpg
Time?
image.jpg

(23:50) UNDER 8 MINUTES!!!! (20 on version before)

I've flown from BE over to NL, and couldn't see any anomaly this time, so it looks like it works, the overlapping problem from country to country looks history.

And now the biggest and hardest news: we have to wait up when it's done. When? When it's done....

• Upvote 3

WOW!

This is just FANTASTIC!!!!!

And that GUI seems to be most intuitive!

Outstanting work - again!

Thank You!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words as always Christoph :smile: , I hope you're able to get a little free time to enjoy simming.

I've stopped adding new features in 0.4.0 for now, and will release it in a few days. The important change is that the default config file will have lots of eye-candy taken out (e.g. Fences, street-lights, fire-hydrants), which only really add to the scenery when you're flying so low that you are about to crash into something. Of course, the old config file will still be available if you want to generate everything, but it's very overkill for a flight simulator (But shows what is possible when X-Plane and computers catch up in about 200 years)

• Upvote 4

Only found this last night and I have read every post of it. I am truly impressed with your work Tony (and everyone else who has helped :good: ) and I am going to contribute what I can by adding to the OSM database (mainly in Dublin and where I live in Glasgow).

Thanks. :im Not Worthy:

• Upvote 4

Just downloaded the Ireland scenery and Dublin Area photoscenery from simHeaven (took 3 hours!) and did a short fly around. The results are absolutely stunning!

2dtqohH.png

p5l6BuL.png

3PdBVkv.png

pjhM7tR.png

FMhpxyX.png

05PLSMh.png

The night lighting is really good:

XQg564v.png

ENbwYYj.png

Love the animated cranes!

Vt94lsP.png

NMgd5o1.png

XeTk6Wt.png

VJQoAZ8.png

Au3AIbf.png

v75HsmO.png

V4b4Gf9.png

Something I noticed was that with both the photoscenery and the OSM data the frame rate was about what I would have normally got with the default textures + objects, if not even more!

• Upvote 4

Excellent shots Sean, thanks for sharing the pics, this looks better than I expected as Ireland is pretty empty in regards to OSM data, so I'm happy with this result :P

I also think the UK building set would look better in Ireland, so I'll add a rule to use those objects in Ireland also, since they're pretty similar. I think the farm rules work well in the UK in Ireland, with small trees surrounding the fields, and really add 3 dimensions to otherwise flat scenery, so adding farmland (which is quick and easy) in OSM will really enhance the surrounding areas.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Tony, I agree that the OSM data in Ireland (and from what I've seen, the UK) is not as comprehensive as France, Germany, etc. It does still seem to look filled-in in the sim which is great. Currently downloading the region around Reus in Spain, I'll give that a try later! :smile:

P.S: I have objects set to Mega Tons, Roads to Extreme and Trees to Overgrown.

I ran G2xpl for scenery in Ireland at a zoom level of 18 rather than the SimHeaven 17 and used W2XP with it. The results are truly stunning when low-n-slow!! All of Ireland north and south comes in at nearly 450Gigs but well worth it.

Interested to see about the UK building set! The red roofs in Ireland of the continental buildings just look all wrong. It's a small thing though given the overall effect which really is fantastic. I've started putting stuff into OSM also. Well done Tony and company! Looking forward to v0.4.0!

• Upvote 2

Currently downloading the region around Reus in Spain, I'll give that a try later!

Spain's a little disappointing I'm afraid. The major cities are decent enough, e.g. Madrid, Granada, Barcelona, but most of it is completely empty. I did start working on some Spanish buildings but stopped because it was pretty much pointless due to a lack of data. It's a shame, as Spain is an amazingly diverse country in regards to scenery.

I ran G2xpl for scenery in Ireland at a zoom level of 18 rather than the SimHeaven 17 and used W2XP with it. The results are truly stunning when low-n-slow!! All of Ireland north and south comes in at nearly 450Gigs but well worth it.

Wow. I've had to start cutting back to ZL16, just because the sim takes so long to load now with all the ZL17 tiles I have across Europe. You can see the difference unfortunately, but I really hate waiting 10-15 minutes for it to start up.

Interested to see about the UK building set! The red roofs in Ireland of the continental buildings just look all wrong

We still need lots more creating for the UK. I've only created about 30 buildings (mainly terraces), and they show up and work, but they are still mixed in with the European buildings, so it's a slow process but the results (when they work) are really worth it. Additionally, in 0.4.0, you can choose the percentage of roof colours you want, e.g. 80% dark, 20% red. This also helps quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it takes a while loading alright but really is worth it. I spent an hour this evening in the Bell 407 flying around Sligo and I doubt if I ever got more than five miles from the field, there's just so much to take in, it's a great way to see your country from the virtual air when you can't afford to fly in real life. Animals in the fields and footballers on the pitch are visible and with TrackIR it truly is "as real as it gets" as Austin would say. I can't wait until the consumer oculus rift comes to market, I'll be in sim heaven. I'm hoping down the line that getting a big enough SSD will help loading times but it's no biggie, I might just get some bigger spinners to hold more countries which is more likely tbh. If I can get the UK done aswell as Ireland I'll have many flying hours to spend in awe of what's possible in XP.

I'll look into doing some building models though I can't promise much but I will certainly make an attempt.