Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Introducing World2XPlane...

Thanks for the great info Andras. This makes sense now why photo scenery is quicker than the "textured" scenery :smile:

Redownloaded Austria and now in the high 20s. :)

EGPF my usual test airport went from 16 to 18 fps with the latest beta4sd.

After dropping World Detail Distance down a notch from Very High to High, I know have 22 fps at Glasgow, so a little compromise has to be made in cities which I guess is to be expected!

Glasgow is definitely a very heavy area scenery wise but when I did a flight yesterday with World2XPlane and simHeaven photoscenery my frame rate stayed well into the 30's, occasionally dropping down to the high 20's. However I do have my World Distance Detail down on low so that would explain it.

If anyone downloaded 0.4.0 yesterday from world2xplane.com, I've uploaded a new version to 0.4.1a. This should "hopefully" fix an issue with hanging on certain scenery tiles and also resolve a problem with some badly rotated buildings.

I'd recommend anyone to remove 0.4.0 and use this beta instead.

• Upvote 1

I'd recommend anyone to remove 0.4.0 and use this beta instead.

Thanks for fixing this that fast .

• Upvote 1

Work has started on 0.5.0. We will hopefully have some better industrial buildings in the next release, and also some other small features, e.g. I've just added piers (although the textures badly need some work), and draped polygon support (which means with the right textures, we can add things like sand banks, mud flats, etc).

image.jpg

image.jpg

and you can land on them. However, I'm not going to pretend I managed to land a heli on one, it would have taken me about 6,000 tries, I used the slew mode plugin :lol:

• Upvote 1

Having a bit of trouble Tony. I installed Win7 to an SSD today and have downloaded the latest Java Runtime but W2XP "Failed to find Java VM", the link in the manual is no longer valid. So I ran from the Executable Jar file but for some reason it seems to only see 247MB of my RAM (I have 12GB installed) and it seizes up. Advice?

You generally can't run the .jar file directly, as although it will start up, it runs with the least amount of memory possible. It's possible, but you need to run it that way via the command-line, and you shouldn't need to on Windows.

Also, make sure you download the 64-bit version of Java, http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-se-jre-7-download-432155.html. This is important, as the .exe file won't run the 32-bit version, which is maybe why it's not working.

Let me know if this fixes it. Also, I'll update the link in the manual. Thanks for letting me know

Doh!! Yeah that worked perfectly Tony, thank you kindly Sir. :im Not Worthy:

Checked your .ini file?

Looks like messed up priorities to me.

F.

It's suspicious because of the diagonal line of trees crossing near to the runway, I suspect it's surrounding farmland that's been incorrectly clipped onto the runway.

I also don't have this in LOWI either, but I use the LOWI from x-plane.at, and not the X-Plane default one, so it probably has proper exclusion zones. I'll look into, thanks for reporting

That's the same one I'm using. I will try it out again. Is this the scenery from Simheaven, or did you generate it yourself?