Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Introducing World2XPlane...

Install this http://simheaven.com/?page_id=14

It will change the autogen in Europe to more European buildings, and works well with World2XPlane

But that is not your Library ? I am only using W2XP.  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

But that is not your Library ? I am only using W2XP.

Yes, and it uses the R2 library for its buildings, just like World2XPlane

Just rendered Virginia -US and bleh OSM coverage stateside sucks,  Just remembered the gov't of Chicago did a major OSM upload , rendered KMDW Midway-Chicago and it crushed my FPS to single digits. OSM overload.

OSM coverage is pretty weak in the US unfortunately, and where there is coverage, like in Chicago, where every single building "including the tiny ones" have been imported, it will bring X-Plane to its knees.

To get it to work in Chicago, you will either need to lower you settings in X-Plane, or edit the config file to exclude buildings. New York is a little better, and the centre is quite well done (but patchy)

But, I'm repeating myself here, only "you" can fix this. If you want to see your town in X-Plane from OSM, you'll need to begin mapping.

Also, if anyone knows of a free data source for the US that contains buildings, and forests with good coverage, let me know and I'll add support for it into World2XPlane

Hi All. I just want to take the opportunity to thank all contributors and testers for World2XPlane, without all your help and support, the project would not have been possible.

I've added a list of people here: http://world2xplane.com/aboutcontributions, and we are always looking for new users and contributions smile.png

Thanks

Tony

• Upvote 1

night textures for my 3D appartmens/city houses now available on world2xplane.com (wmm)

NIGHT1.jpg NIGHT2.jpg

• Upvote 2

night textures for my 3D appartmens/city houses now available on world2xplane.com (wmm)

NIGHT1.jpg NIGHT2.jpg

This is brilliant - what a stunning night-lighting here!

Awesome!

• Upvote 1

night textures for my 3D appartmens/city houses now available

Very nice.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

after some industry buildings and finishing the LIT textures, here the next little project, doing old rotten farmbuildings around... 96 models are available in the WMM, but not yet 'library' implemented' so not used by W2XP yet. More to come

Farms.jpg

• Upvote 2

Great work Blacky. I added a few the other day also, but they are just direct replacements of a few badly aligned R2 barn buildings. So now the new buildings are correctly centered and placed. BTW, these and new agricultural buildings should go into agricultural.csv, and 0.5.0 (not yet released) includes better rules for placing such buildings.

Also, I won't have a chance to try the new X-Plane 10.30 until I'm back on Tuesday, so if anyone tries World2XPlane with the new 10.30 beta, please report your findings, feedback and bugs here. World2XPlane 0.5.0 will also make use of the new multiple roads.net implementation in 10.30, so all scenery generated with this beta will be 10.30+ only (you will still be able to turn of the option and make it compatible with 10.25). In plain English, this means that we will have things like Ski Lifts/Pylons in Switzerland, minor power lines, and also future support for adding our own road types.

@Tony,

I updated  to 10.30b1 , At Extreme EHAM still crashes. And once it took almost two hours to load and crash it :)

I don't see anything different in 10.30b1 or maybe its just me.  But the clouds look smudged. 

Oh I forgot to mention. If I load EDDk (Cologne) it takes very long. but no crash.  it is the same in 10.25 and 10.30b1.

Note I am using the W2XP data generated when it was still 10.25 but i guess that shouldn't matter. 

I feel there is some improvement in the frame rates. 

@Tony,

I updated  to 10.30b1 , At Extreme EHAM still crashes. And once it took almost two hours to load and crash it :)

I don't see anything different in 10.30b1 or maybe its just me.  But the clouds look smudged. 

Oh I forgot to mention. If I load EDDk (Cologne) it takes very long. but no crash.  it is the same in 10.25 and 10.30b1.

Note I am using the W2XP data generated when it was still 10.25 but i guess that shouldn't matter. 

I feel there is some improvement in the frame rates. 

I encountered also more FPS (YESSSSS).... now when you fly into the clouds it's no more instantly going white, but slowly crawls into, quite nice :-)

Don't understand how x-plane could load 2 hours btw... how's that possible?! Mine loads in less than 2 minutes... ok, monster rig, but before, without SSD I was around 4-5 minutes..... but hours? Never...  did you tried defragmenting your HDD? Maybe all is just on one physical HDD (=worst)? If you got more physical HDDs, try to seperate windows, temp folder, games... so that not the same mechanics are searching on the same and only disk.

I encountered also more FPS (YESSSSS).... now when you fly into the clouds it's no more instantly going white, but slowly crawls into, quite nice :-)

Don't understand how x-plane could load 2 hours btw... how's that possible?! Mine loads in less than 2 minutes... ok, monster rig, but before, without SSD I was around 4-5 minutes..... but hours? Never...  did you tried defragmenting your HDD? Maybe all is just on one physical HDD (=worst)? If you got more physical HDDs, try to seperate windows, temp folder, games... so that not the same mechanics are searching on the same and only disk.

Blacky, 

It took 2 hrs for Schiphol when I set objects to Extreme, sometimes it will load and sometimes not.but still it did not load. If I set objects to default I get no issues. 

XPX is on a separate HDD. 

I'll try later this evening with the new 10.30, but this one doesn't include the increased visibility, so it shouldn't be much different (maybe slightly improved frame rates).

The worst loading time I have is with Germany, which takes about 15mins to load (Using ZL17 with HD Mesh v2, World2XPlane without exclusions). If I add the exclusions into the equation, then the loading time increases by about 5 mins. You have a much more powerful computer than me, and mine can load Amsterdam in a few mins without a crash. Please can you try disabling other scenery you have to see if this fixes it?