Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Introducing World2XPlane...

If the garden is tagged in OSM then it already works, but nobody has gone into that much detail AFAIK. Also, remember this a flight simulator and not city simulator :D. We're already really pushing it with the amount of stuff we render, and the default config generates scenery which is great for helicopter pilots, but is way over the top for other uses. This is why there is talk of providing HD and non-HD scenery ;-)

Lol ok.   

Hmm i am still confused about this HD Scenery Mesh thing i just don't know what it does.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

You badly need to read following: http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-scenery-mesh-v2/

;-) HD Mesh (v2) has nothing to do with what Tony is doing (neither I btw) :-)

Or did I missunderstood, what you missed...?

I know its got nothing to do with Tonys app.

Just wanted to know what the Mesh does as I still cannot understand or see the difference. Or maybe i am missing something.

Just wanted to know what the Mesh does as I still cannot understand or see the difference. Or maybe i am missing something.

What are you missing?

HD Mesh v2 (from AlpilotX) -> lets say without it, at original state, you see mountains on some place. Let's say the mountain looks like a cube (to make the example easier to understand). The HD Mesh v2, fine tunes this (mountain) shape, lets say the cube becoms with it now a pyramid. Si it just models with more accuracy the ground surface in shape.The shope is more detailed.

Hello ironmaiden,

The mesh has a higher resolution , therefore higher terrain-details .

The mountains,hills, rivers , isles , and coastlines are more precise.

Of course , the amount of visible differences depends on the nature and shape of the region .

From above and with only a short look , you can’t  really see the difference of a white plate and a white deep dish .  But you must agree there is a difference .

Take a GA or Heli and fly slowly over a region with mountains and valleys with both resolutions .

I'am sure you can find  more and more differences.

Also, have a read of the FAQ on this forum http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430976-scenery-and-openstreetmap-osm-faq/

The HD mesh v2 is more than just higher detailed mountains and coastlines. It also adds more accurate roads, and using lots of other information, autogen, forests, etc. It;s similar to the default scenery, but adds more definition, more detail and is a must have for X-Plane, and works perfectly with World2XPlane scenery. Amazing when you consider this is donationware, and similar scenery on "other flight simulators" costs a small fortune.

Thanks guys i am getting it now. 

I think i will take a flight out from KBFI and with the HD Mesh installed for that region.  

And I guess the vector data is the roads and stuff right.

And I guess the vector data is the roads and stuff right.

Yep vectors = roads, powerlines, railways, etc..

BTW, The Netherlands generates fine, but you need to reduce your cores to 2. 4 was too much for my computer to handle. I couldn't even use Skype.

Amsterdam looks great with the new European city rules. But needs some serious optimisation (or a new computer)

Yep vectors = roads, powerlines, railways, etc..

BTW, The Netherlands generates fine, but you need to reduce your cores to 2. 4 was too much for my computer to handle. I couldn't even use Skype.

Amsterdam looks great with the new European city rules. But needs some serious optimisation (or a new computer)

WHAT it generated damn. ok i will give two cores only, and how long did it take ? did you use Ramdisk ?.  my computer will handle it :) hopefully.

going to generate it too... trying out 4 cores.... (on ramdisk)...tell you how it went

going to generate it too... trying out 4 cores.... (on ramdisk)...tell you how it went

I had tried on 4 cores but no luck. right now its on 2 cores and still doing something.

here a little Video of World2Xplane in the brand new and excellent Bell 407

• Upvote 3

here a little Video of World2Xplane in the brand new and excellent Bell 407

Great work, and a testament to the work Blacky is doing for our building library and the new changes coming in v0.4.0. This guy is a building factory, churning out hundreds of new models of all shapes and sizes :-)

P.S. If you haven't already, grab the Bell 407. It's a great heli and works so well for exploring the scenery

• Upvote 1

WOW

Can you compile NL please. 

On my system its still doing the generation. Are you using Ramdisk and what is the Ramdisk size ?