Sign in to follow this  
hardstarburst

Unstable Takeoff Roll

Hello all, i've been looking for a solution to the issue I am having with the 737 ngx during takeoff. It is annoying I have to apply constant (and I think Extreme)  pressure to the yoke to try to keep the ac on the centerline during takeoff. If I let go during take off, it veers wildly to the left- not as much as a one-engine takeoff, but if it were real world, I'd have quite a few upset passengers. The engines seem tio be in sync, no variance in N1 or N2. This occurs every time in any wind condition including calm, and I'm not seeing any failures active (although I used to see a lot of brake overheat, but not with this installation) Whenever i do a fresh install, you can shove the throttles to the firewall and it tracks perfectly down the centerline.  Seems like this develops over time- Could there be a maintenance item I am missing? Any ideas?   Thanks

Joe Connolly

KSTL

I had the same situation before, and it was solved by:

1. Re-calibrating my joystick control from inside the FSX control settings

2. Reducing the axis control sensitivity

3. Made the auto rudder flight controls checked in realism settings (if necessary)

Hope these help. 

polarbear

What you should try.

First, enable controls position display on lower eicas. Monitor position on takeoff. If they correspond to your inputs, then we can look elsewhere. If they drift without command, then we need to look elsewhere. Perhaps there is a shorting in your joystick and throttle messes some other signal.

Other than that, try disconnecting the joystick completely. Takeoff using just keyboard and mouse, if the behaviour is normal, we know that joystick or joystick assignment is the problem. I had this situation where my left brake pedal was mapped to rudder by error. Of course when it was left unpressed, I had full rudder to one side. So I had to delete the assignment in FSX and leave it in FSUIPC only (or vice versa. point being, one assignment at a time).