Sign in to follow this  
fltsimguy

PMDG 737 NGX engines won't shut down

Regardless - have you tried what I suggested earlier?  Move the INI file to another folder to let it build a fresh file.  That should fix it.  Occasionally the INI gets corrupted or something.

Entirely possible that the INI file was corrupted; awhile ago I did have to do a "restore to a back-up point" with my Windows and I know it screwed up my Anti-virus program.  I've moved the old INI file out and created a new one…haven't had a chance to do a full flight yet, but I'll report back with results when I do.

Thanks for the help!

Jeff @ CYYC

So I followed Scandinavian13's instructions and renamed/moved my FSUIPC.ini file and allowed FSUIPC to create a new file.  I thought that solved the issue, but it doesn't seem to have done so.

I'm actually thinking that I've got a button conflict somewhere in my FSUIPC between the buttons I'm using for cut-off and the buttons I'm using for reverse thrust; I previously used an axis assignment for reverse thrust and recently changed over to using the button detents on the Saitek throttle for reverse thrust instead.

I've noticed that when I park the aircraft and flip the switches to cut-off, it momentarily activates the reversers - until I move the throttles forward to deactivate the reversers.  If I then open up my FSUIPC, re-assign the key-press I'm using for cut-off/idle and then go back out to my flight, it shuts down the engines.

The bizarre thing is that - as I mentioned - I'm using a key-press macro for cut-off/idle but a button press for reversers…and it's not the same button number on the throttle quadrants.

I'm thinking that perhaps I should just go back to using an axis for reverse thrust.

Thoughts anyone?

Jeff @ YYC 

Sounds weird to have the fuel cutoff switches mapped to hardware buttons... seems like a waste of buttons. I just click them in the VC. But whatever floats your boat.

I think it's unlikely that there is a double command assignment. The CDU menu in the NGX doesn't allow them. So i think it might have to do with the way FSUIPC handles the command. What happens if you input the command with the keyboard? What happens if you do the same assignment on the same button using Saitek's software instead of FSUIPC?

Like i said it before, i have the reversers mapped to the slider on my x52 using Saitek's software. Top 3rd is clear, middle 3rd sends F1, and bottom 3rd sends F2. Works without a problem.

Cristi Neagu

John.

On the few occasions this has happened to me it was because I forgot to select both start switches to OFF after landing with them set to AUTO.

Dennis

There is no AUTO position for the PMDG NGX start switches. Auto ignition is not simulated. If it was there would be no OFF position. Anyway the start switches controls the starter motors and ignition. Whatever position they are in would not prevent the fuel levers shutting the engines down.

So, is this the reason for a lack of engine shut-down then?  I've run into this situation a couple of times with the 700 series NGX; I pull up to the gate, flip the switches from "Idle" to "Cut Off" and……..nothing.  The engines just keep on keepin' on.

I've even tried switching off the fuel pumps and the engines STILL keep on running.

(Sorry to bring up an old topic but this was the only one that came up when I did a search on the issue)

Jeff @ YYC

Switching off the fuel pumps does not switch off the fuel to the engines. The only controls that cut the fuel are the fuel levers or the fire handles.  If neither will shutdown the engines it may simply be the panel state is messed up and you need to start from scratch rather than loading from the previous state.

Also, try moving the fuel levers to cutoff in the VC. If that works then it's a control assignment problem.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Also, try moving the fuel levers to cutoff in the VC. If that works then it's a control assignment problem.

I have…it does nothing.  The engines keep on running.

Sounds weird to have the fuel cutoff switches mapped to hardware buttons... seems like a waste of buttons. I just click them in the VC. But whatever floats your boat.

I actually don't fly using the VC.  My simpit set-up is better suited to flying using the 2D panels (3 monitors up top on Eyefinity for the forward view, 2 monitors below for the MIP).  I like to use the mouse as little as possible in my sim…just more realistic that way.

10371690_10152072611036526_2824490671188

(I've recently replaced the CH Multi-Function Panel with a VRInsight Boeing MCP/EFIS Combo) so you can ignore that.  I'm planning on possibly re-purposing it for overhead panel functions)

I'm actually thinking of swapping a bunch of the button commands out from FSUIPC to LINDA & seeing how that works out.  Hoping that might solve some issues.

Necro'd this thread, but there was no solution posted.

I'm using Saitek equipment and ran into this same problem.  I don't assign any buttons or axis through FSUIPC.  Everything is assigned through SPAD.  I found the following solutions / workarounds:

1. If you set fuel to 0 in the sim, the engines spin down.  Temp solution to kill the engines if this happens.
2. My problem started after assigning the reversers to an axis in SPAD.  I deleted the assignments and was able to shut down the engines normally, even without a restart of the sim (I think I jiggled the throttles to undo any confusing signals being sent from my controls with respect to the reversers).

I have reverted to assigning F2 to the reverser buttons on the throttle levers and throttle_cutoff on button release.  Its a clunky solution because you can't control how much reverse thrust is added, but it works.  Something seems to happen when you assign reversers to an axis.  Anyone able to assign the reversers to an axis with good results?

21 minutes ago, av8orfliboy said:

Necro'd this thread, but there was no solution posted.

I'm using Saitek equipment and ran into this same problem.  I don't assign any buttons or axis through FSUIPC.  Everything is assigned through SPAD.  I found the following solutions / workarounds:

1. If you set fuel to 0 in the sim, the engines spin down.  Temp solution to kill the engines if this happens.
2. My problem started after assigning the reversers to an axis in SPAD.  I deleted the assignments and was able to shut down the engines normally, even without a restart of the sim (I think I jiggled the throttles to undo any confusing signals being sent from my controls with respect to the reversers).

I have reverted to assigning F2 to the reverser buttons on the throttle levers and throttle_cutoff on button release.  Its a clunky solution because you can't control how much reverse thrust is added, but it works.  Something seems to happen when you assign reversers to an axis.  Anyone able to assign the reversers to an axis with good results?

If you are willing to use FSUIPC I have posted a well working solution for the reverser axis here:

No idea how SPAD works though, maybe there are similar possibilities and you can use this as a hint...

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Ephedrine.  I'm perfectly willing and do use FSUIPC. I used a modified version of your guidance.  I use levers 3 and 4 for reversers and instead of setting a dead band, I send a cut engine 1 or 2 (depending on which lever) when I either enter or exit the detent (button) range of the axis.  When the reversers are stowed, the levers are into the button position (all the way down).  When I release them, they send a cut signal to the appropriate engine achieving the same effect as your method, and then the entire range of the axis is available.  When I stow the reversers, a final cut signal is sent as I push the levers into the button range clearly setting them back to stowed and throttles idle.  Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure why that has anything to do with why the throttles fuel cutoff was unresponsive.  I started a new scenario and it seemed to help, but I had to play with the throttles to restore them, and it's not clear to me exactly what fixed the issue.  

Pat