Sign in to follow this  
TheOneAndOnly

FSX Complete Texture Loss

I have had this recent issue with FSX where I will be flying for usually around 15mins-1hour where I will then start to experience a lot of texture glitching and texture loss it will usually start with ground scenery it will just simply go missing usually followed by the exterior of my aircraft then from there it gets worse and eventually I have complete texture loss and I am left with nothing but a screen which is half white and half black sometimes hitting ALT+ENTER repeatedly to minimise and maximise the screen will help restore some textures and features back but eventually it becomes useless and the texture loss takes over. I used to be able to enjoy my flights with no problems at all until recently.

I have no scenery add ons at all except from Active Sky 2012 SP2 which I do not use or link with FSX

I fly a quality wings 757

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a solution would be excellent because this issue is just ruining my sim experience

Make sure you have the parameter highmemfix=1 in the Graphics section of the fsx.cfg.  This is a fix that Microsoft forgot to add with SP2/Acceleration and not a 'tweak'.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Make sure you have the parameter highmemfix=1 in the Graphics section of the fsx.cfg.  This is a fix that Microsoft forgot to add with SP2/Acceleration and not a 'tweak'.

Best regards,

I only see the following in the graphics section of my FSX.CFG file

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=1

EFFECTS_QUALITY=0

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

See_Self=1

Text_Scroll=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432

D3D10=0

Might also be the result of updating your graphics card driver. I had to revert back to the previois version of my NVidia drivers recently and all was back to normal.

Anyway, you should always add this to your fsx.cfg:

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I have not recently upgraded anything with my graphics driver I don't think and where should I add your suggested entry at the bottom of the graphics section?

Just thought I would share this I have started using the default 737 not something im enjoying but up to now there does not seem to be any issues so it seems that the quality wings 757 is causing the issue will your entries to the CFG still resolve it?

The "fix" can be placed anywhere in the Graphics section, top, bottom, middle, anywhere.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have not recently upgraded anything with my graphics driver I don't think and where should I add your suggested entry at the bottom of the graphics section?

Anywhere under the graphics section.

Jim beat me to it :D. Let us know if things are allright.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Anywhere under the graphics section.

Jim beat me to it :D. Let us know if things are allright.

The "fix" can be placed anywhere in the Graphics section, top, bottom, middle, anywhere.

Best regards,

Seems to have worked thank you both for your help greatly appreciated