Sign in to follow this  

Sim-Wings - eXcellent FPS AND Detailed Airports

OK sorry if the title sounded like an advert but I got a bit excited about scenery I recently purchased designed by German FS company Sim-wings.A couple of years back I had a flying holiday with some fellow PPL's on the Cote D'Azur. We flew down to Cannes with one of our club aircraft (Robin DR400) based in the UK and spent an amazing week flying up and down the French Riviera onwards to Provence and down into Spain. Since then I have been looking for accurate framerate friendly scenery of the airports and areas we visited including Nice, Cannes, Marseille, Barcelona etc.I first discovered Sim-Wings Barcelona Airport scenery last year and was very impressed with the accurate rendition of the airport and even more impressed with the system friendly FPS. Since then I have recently purchased their Nice (Cote D'Azur) airport scenery, Marseille (Provence) and today - Cannes (for the MIDEM/FILM festival scenery!)Not only is the French Riviera a lovely area to fly around in real-life - in FS2004 all you need is some freeware mesh (for the Alpes Maritime), freeware area scenery (for the city of Nice, Cannes, Toulon etc) and then definitely worth checking out the screenshots for Sim-Wings airports in the area http://www.sim-wings.de - I find the combination is breathtaking :)Landing at Marseille (Provence) is quite an experience if you are lucky enough to be given RW14 Left (or Right) for landing. You approach Marseille over an enormous lagoon glistening in the sunlight. Active Camera users will be able to experience the "Marseille Mist" or sea fog that envelopes the airport at any time of day. Not good for VFR!So if you can't experience the Cote D'Azur (yes the sea really IS AZUR) in real-life try the next best thing in FS :DRegardsAdam

Guest Agamemnon

AdamCould`nt agree more with you SimWings products are top notch.Troy

Adam,Thanks for the heads up. Very nicely laid out website and they look like a first class operation. Think I will get the Madrid scenery and see how it goes.

Eric 

I love their sceneries. I have the whole lot! Check out Palma Mallorca and Ibiza as well, and some smaller gems like Malaga, Valencia and Jerez.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Totally agreed...SimWings has excellent quality and framerates...Btw...Don't forget Aerosoft's German Airports Series and Swedflight Pro in the framerate/quality department!

Guest wathomas777

I agree with all that is said here, I purchased Gibraltar from them a year ago and it's by far one of the better purchases I have made. The detail is stunning, even for such a small airport, and the price at the time was very reasonable (about 15 Euro I think).I spent a week in Gibraltar in the Navy and fell in love with the area and the unique layout of the airfield there. Obviously a lot has changed since I visited. When I was there, the Petrol Station right near the field was not there, and the entrance to the field had a Vulcan Bomber instead of the moument currently there. However, I remember quite a bit about the place and it's still there.The Western Shore is much more detailed than the Eastern shore. The Caleta Hotel on Catalan Bay is not depicted, and the water catchments that were still in use when I was in GIB have been dismantled and is now mostly covered in vegetation.Overall though, a very well done (albeit small) scenery and the best depiction of this unique area of the world to date. However, I have heard they have now wrapped GIB in a bigger package of Spanish/Med Airfields, so I don't know if you can purchase it seperately anymore. The new version may have more detail, but for me, the stand alone is more than sufficient.

>Totally agreed...SimWings has excellent quality and>framerates...>>Btw...Don't forget Aerosoft's German Airports Series and>Swedflight Pro in the framerate/quality department!I just wish they would come out with an all new EDDF. The Simflyers one I have is getting dated.

Eric 

In the Simwings forums they said that the next airports they will be making is Toulouse and Paris Charles de Gaulle!