Sign in to follow this  
falopz

customize views

hello im trying to customize views , i place myself in front of what i want to choose as a view  example the gps, get very close to in in 3d then press ctrl + numpad1 for example and nothing happens , ive read i can fix different views and transition it like ezdokk, but i do that and nothin g happens, any hint to whats happening, thanks.

LUIS

Pressing Ctrl + a num key will save the view and pressing just the num key after that will zoom to the saved view. Pressing Ctrl + the num key again will overwrite the old view, which sounds like what might be happening in your case.

unfortunately im doing what u say, and is not saving it,,,,,,i think it shhould be like exdok, we have tu uncheq al views to let new ones be saved,,,,,but im new with xplane.....

thnaks anyway

solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wont believe this in my keyboard i have 2 ctrl keys the one in the left, wich i was using wasnt working, ive tried the right one and problem solved,,,,,gremlins ,,,3 hours head breaking stuff....

no words.....

The quick views are indeed a great feature, I just wish they worked when TrackIR was activated too! 10.3x...?

Yes, and if you use Pilot View (TrackIR and custom views available) you loose the possibility to enjoy HeadShake camera effects. Something should be done on dataref by LR to allow a better use of TrackIR.

This weekend I set up my TrackIR with the latest version of PilotView on a few planes and it was rather less painful than I remember.

I set up one joystick button to "Enable PilotView" and another as the standard X-Plane circle view. It was then easy to switch between internal and external views; for internal I have the TrackIR for panning and for external I have my joystick hat switch mapped to "View Left/Right/Up/Down Fast" for easy panning around the aircraft.

There are some basic forces which you can enable in PilotView for head movement engine vibration etc but I don't tend use the latter.

As someone who was "scared" of PV in the past as it seemed over complex, I now embrace it in X-Plane as the most flexible TrackIR solution in X-Plane 10.

I agree. Pilot View is a must for TrackIR use.

Customizing views is quite easy and each aircraft remembers its settings.

Like you I have some joy buttons mapped to enable/disable, internal/external view. Very confortable.

But forces are just basic vibration with no connection with external events and Sandy wrote he will not enhace Pilot View further with, for example, landing shake, runway bumps, engine starter rumblings, head pan...