Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Flysimware Cessna 402 C for FSX/P3D

I'm not sure they worked before the upgrade, but perhaps they did.

I'm using an old but brilliant sounding piston twin sound pack from the AVSIM library :-

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=154208

(You'll need to be logged in to the library).

I'll check out those sounds!

The fuel selectors and crossfeed definitely worked before.

The fuel selectors and crossfeed definitely worked before.

Ah ok.  Sounds like they fudged 'em in the update then.   I'm still enjoying this plane now and again, but definitely prefer v1, as I prefer it's autopilot and have RXP set up for it etc.

Hi there,

This is my first post on here.

I purchased this aircraft yesterday and when I went

to fly it the panel shows up but no external model???

I thought it might need dx10 to be turned on, so I turned

it on and then had an external model but the panel was

now all screwed up.

I have sent an email to the company, but was hoping to find

a resolution to this problem on here.

Can anyone help me?

Can you tell us a little about your system specs?

You don't need DX10 to be turned on to view or use this aircraft, so the problem doesn't lie there.   In fact, I'd advise turning DX10 OFF until you get things running normally, as FSX's native format is DX9 so it is probably best to resolve the issue in standard (DX9) mode first.

Could you see any external model at all? .... or was it there, but looked a little like a 'skeleton', with some interior details but missing skin?

Sorry, I seemed to have fixed it by reinstalling the whole thing.

I guess its just another little glitch from fsx.

Does anyone know if the next update will include a new

sound set?

• Upvote 1

Glad you got it fixed.

I'm not sure if they're planning to upgrade the sound or not   - but they certainly need to in my opinion! :smile:

Is there anywhere I can get more information on operating the Navomatic 800B? I engage the AP and set the ALT to say 7,000 but it doesn't make any adjustments. I know this is an older a/c so is this not possible? Does the AP only follow heading? Sorry, I'm relatively new to flight simming but I'm really having fun learning it!

Is there anywhere I can get more information on operating the Navomatic 800B? I engage the AP and set the ALT to say 7,000 but it doesn't make any adjustments. I know this is an older a/c so is this not possible? Does the AP only follow heading? Sorry, I'm relatively new to flight simming but I'm really having fun learning it!

Hi,

After setting the AP and ALT mode, I think you have to then adjust VS / Pitch to start the climb. In other words, I don't think the AP will command a climb or decent just from your setting the alt and engaging ALT mode, it needs a pitch change to be set too.     Give it a try.  :smile:

I picked this one up today at 50% off!

Just a couple of issues.The VC looks much better at night than it does on durring the day. The trim wheel doesn't work with my GF LGT and performance is not as good as the DA Piper Cheyenne.

The developer is working on improvements and updates have been issued since its initial release.

Overall, its a very nice plane for $15.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi,

After setting the AP and ALT mode, I think you have to then adjust VS / Pitch to start the climb. In other words, I don't think the AP will command a climb or decent just from your setting the alt and engaging ALT mode, it needs a pitch change to be set too. Give it a try. :smile:

Thanks! That appears to be correct. I also contacted FlySimWare and apparently the AP only corrects within 700ft. I started out on more modern and robust AP systems so I made the improper assumption that they all act the same.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Anyone experience a problem with the AP system failing if you change the time while in game? For example, I started with a saved flight that was set for 13:00. After T/O I decided I wanted to try a night flight so I changed the time to 22:00. Upon setting the new time, all of the AP switches were illuminated and I could no longer turn every switch off. I could get half of them off but after that turning off one switch turned on another (turning off NAV illuminated BC, VOR/LOC and GA/GS; and vice-versa).

I'm not a real 402 pilot but does it seem a bit overpowered?  I'm cruising at 175kts with 50% throttle.  I don't recall that kind of speed with the Flight 1 421.

I'm not a real 402 pilot but does it seem a bit overpowered?  I'm cruising at 175kts with 50% throttle.  I don't recall that kind of speed with the Flight 1 421.

That does seem fast, but at what altitude were you flying, was there a tail wind, and what was the weight of the C402 at that time?  I'm not a real pilot either, but with a strong tail wind, even a C172 is fast.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

That does seem fast, but at what altitude were you flying, was there a tail wind, and what was the weight of the C402 at that time?  I'm not a real pilot either, but with a strong tail wind, even a C172 is fast.

Stans, a tailwind will effect the speed over the ground but not the IAS :-)

From doing a bit of googling cruise speed is around 213 kts . Try and go full throttle and see what you get?

ZORAN

Stans, a tailwind will effect the speed over the ground but not the IAS :-)

From doing a bit of googling cruise speed is around 213 kts . Try and go full throttle and see what you get?

Yep, almost every source on the old interwebs indicates a maximum cruise speed of 213 KTAS, but they do not specify the altitude nor the aircraft's takeoff weight.  I did try out the Flysimware 402C at 8000' MSL and 10,000' MSL as these altitudes are where I would expect best performance.  I kept my course perpendicular to a wind that averaged 20 KTAS and it was cold, -1C on the runway (237' MSL).

Per the Flysimware manual, fast cruise is obtained at 2450 rpm, 29.5" Hg MAP, 120 PPH fuel flow.

Altitude....KIAS.......KTAS

8000'......186........218

10000'.....178........214

Per the Flysimware manual, normal cruise is obtained at 2300 rpm, 26.0" Hg MAP, 85-90 PPH fuel flow.

Altitude....KIAS.......KTAS

8000'......178........206

10000'.....158........190

My takeoff weight was only 5000 lbs, of that the cabin load was 170 lbs each for pilot and copilot, so I was flying in a lightweight condition in order to obtain fast speeds.

Based on my limited research, I'd say it is pretty darned close to a real 402C in new condition.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.